biopellets

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

marks69

well tonight i wanted to get my pellet reactor and gfo reactor off the floor.  my 5 year old helped me build a  shelf, and cut some holes in it to hang the reactor's in.  i mount the shelf and hook the power head back up.  one of the little clips that holds the impeller cover on broke off, so i use a few zip ties and getter fixed.lol
put it in the tank and start thinking another job off the list.  reach my hand in the tank to adjust it and Zap.  daughters going what's wrong daddy, I'm cursing under my breath.  stupid power head is a little shorty. 
so i pull the plug on it, and notice my bio pellets and gfo are still tumbling.  not as fast but it might work.lol
the power head is still on the hose, but not plugged in.  the power head is in my ref, about 4' off the floor, my reactors are about 7' up, and the outlet is maybe 6" off the floor.  the siphon is just enough.
one more way to save power.lol

Blob-79

Super Active Member
lol awsome. Mine are still tumbling nicely. I reduced flow thru the pellets to about 70gph. havent had any problems with them clumping badly. Picked up a hanna phosphate checker so I could watch phosphate closer. I can see a difference visually in water quality, could be wrong though lol. As far as parameters go, havent seen anything drastic. It has only been 5 days though. I have noticed an increase in skimmate for sure.

M

marks69

well the pellets seem to clump up a bit more.  the gfo is still working nicely though.  tested my water and everything is 0.  the tank got cloudy for a few hours 2 days ago but cleared up quickly.  i ordered a new power head tonight, should be here in a few days.  when i get my new pump i can run the reactors off of it, but for now this is sort of working.  i don't have to worry about the power going out.lol

Status
Not open for further replies.