Breeding Clownfish

James Mackinnon

So I've always wanted to breed a type of fish and since I've settled in on the salty side of the hobby for the long haul I think I want to give breeding clowns a serious try! Anyone have any good links to info? Any good info? Experiences? I've got an 80g reef with 2 clarkies, a Darwin (I was told that's what he is) and 5 ocelaris. Most have paired off to their own spots in the tank. I'm culturing copepods and soon to be rotifers so that part I understand, but that's all I got! Any info at all is appreciated!

Jewel

No reply eh, I'm surprised. But if you give Sealife Central a call, they may be able to give you a name, I know they get their clowns from a local supplier.

I'm thinking if you could get a hold of them, they might be able to help you or maybe not, I wouldn't try it my self but I think you can do it, or there's lots of help on the net, sorry I can't be more help.

loonie8

Getting a pair to lay eggs is not a big problem. But the problem is raising the fries, you need rotifers. You have to know when they going hatch and when to remove the eggs. I have friends who succeeded but I am still trying but my Darwin clown have stop laying eggs. Yes you can read about how to care etc but personal experience is another issue. There is a Niagara coral show on 9/10Mar and I know someone who will be selling local breed clownfish there.