Brooklynella Has Hit My Tank And I Need Help

heath

Distinguished Member
OMG, Adam, if you go to Saltwater Smarts.. there is an e book there that is for only disease and treatments.. I have it and if you send me your email maybe I can send to you...

ThePaliga

So I've set up my QT and I'm about to transfer my fish over. The best I could do is a 15 gallon, but it can't sustain 5 fish for long due to obvious reasons... I have coral, snails and a crab in my display... I honestly don't know what to do...

ThePaliga

I'm dying inside... As we all do, I care so much about the wellbeing of these fish, and I have faced down just about everything out there and won... I just don't know how there can be a positive outcome here. I can't keep the fish in the display as that's where the parasite is killing them, but I can't keep them for very long in the qt either...

Joshbrookkate

Are you doing hyposalinity? Helps reduce stress on the fish because they can breathe easier. I read the parasite gets in their gills.

ThePaliga

It's all good, I barely have the room for the 15 qt. Remaining, I have my green wrasse, both clowns, a royal gramma and a pink bar goby. Both the goby and the wrasse aren't showing any signs of illness yet, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time

LIttle Reef Keeper

Website
www.facebook.com
Now...Hyposalinity and freshwater dips will give temporary relief but isnt a cure. The best thing to do it to raise the salinity back up to 1.020 over 5 days and treat with formalin, as hypo shouldn't be used with any other medications.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk