Brown Jelly Disease

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
Okay, I have been battling this stuff for over a month and I've lost the fight and its taken most of my corals. I have tried dipping in Coral RX 10 minutes at a time and twice I've done this without log lasting effects. The corals look better for a few days but then the Jelly takes over again.

My Question what do I do now? I can throw the infected corals out but how do I get this stuff out of my tank?

Kman

Super Active Member
Diatomaceous earth is a good way of removing. I tend to run that and do frequent water changes. But you do need a diatom filter or something like a hot magnum filter that has a micron filter that you can run it in. You can also use a UV unit.

Kman

Super Active Member
Plus if you can make a frag of a infected coral and toss the rest. As long as you have a coral in the tank that has it you run the risk of infecting other corals. I would also try and find out the cause. Is something in the tank acting as a irritant? What are your parameters like? You should increase water flow and add O2 like from an air stone. Increased water flow will help stop infected tissue from settling on other corals, increase nutrients available to corals to help with healing and maintaining immune system to help fight off disease. Also increased O2 will help with respiration for corals allowing them to breath better and release anything built up.

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
I think it's could be lack of O2

I've had several issues in the past few months
I live in a small apartment that is impossible to control the temp, I have an ac unit but it doesn't control the entire apartment and the ATO is working overtime. The temp is all over the place

Another issue is my salinity was low, I recalibrate my refractometer and with bi weekly WC I've got the salinity back to 1.025

I have major flow in the tank so that might not be a problem.

I feed heavy and everything was doing okay until approximately two months ago.

I don't have UV or a filter

My phosphates were high but they are back to zero
Ph 7.4 so low

I just added carbon and GFO not sure if that will help

Kman

Super Active Member
Try and keep things stable and clean. These things can take a few months to clear up.

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
I will keep up on the water changes and perimeters, I didnt have the ability to look after the tank very well for the past 4 months and now that the fall is coming I hope not to have the issue with the temperature flux.

Thanks for the information. It looks like the worst is over and I just have to not add anything for a few months.

Thanks Kman for the help and support.

Kman

Super Active Member
It sucks for situations like this. To see all your hard work slowly melt away. I am sure you will get it under control. :)