brs 2 part

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
im using it, and have just switched to the royal aquarium line of the bulk additives. Im really happy with it so far. Its easy to use and works great to get your levels to hold stable.

davesolo29

Super Active Member
im going to start dosing soon.  i have been using the bionic since the begining.
I was going to order the brs two part but i have the samples from royal and will be using those.
calcium chloride and soda ash.
is there anything else i need?
How do you mix it? etc.

teebone110

Distinguished Member
I use BRS 2 part and am very happy with the results. Mixes clear overnight with no left over residue

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I use BRS 2-part, but on my first batch of the royal Aquariums mix now.  Seems to be identical and nice to order 'local'.

2-part is actually 3-part, you need the magnesium portion too. 

mightymice

I have just started using the royal aquarium 2 part and all seems good. I'm getting tired of manually adding each day though - anyone have an opinion on a decently priced dosing pump?
Thanks,
Mike

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
mightymice link said:
I have just started using the royal aquarium 2 part and all seems good. I'm getting tired of manually adding each day though - anyone have an opinion on a decently priced dosing pump?
Thanks,
Mike

brs dosing pumps and a timed power bar (or tank controller ideally).

spyd

Super Active Member
I use BRS 2 part as well. Great stuff. I also use the BRS dosing pumps. Get in on the group buy and order them. I hook mine up to individual digital timers from Crappy Tire. They work very well.

Royal Aquariums

Inactive Since Crash
INACTIVE
mightymice link said:
Thanks,
Mike

The BRS pumps seem to be good quality for a good price, the only thing is that you have to use some type of timer to control them. IMO the Fauna marin or GHL 3 stage dosing pumps are ideal, these will give you the option of dosing magnesium daily as well. I cant argue that the BRS pumps dont work well, many people use them.

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
yup tehy all run on the same concept of peristalic pumps.  The stand alone pumps with the bulit in controller are nice.. if you have an APEX or Reefkeepr and have 2 extra outlets to spare on your powerbar then thats a good way to go.  If you dont have a controller or are out of outlets get s stand alone 3 pump or 2 pump doser.

fill up your jugs once a month and foprget it.

davesolo29

Super Active Member
i may have a brand new kramoer one that i got from Blob. lots of people on here have them as we did a group buy last year.  I have yet to set it up, and was about to but have now been eyeing the new vertex libra one. 

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
davesolo29 link said:
i may have a brand new kramoer one that i got from Blob. lots of people on here have them as we did a group buy last year.  I have yet to set it up, and was about to but have now been eyeing the new vertex libra one.

ive been using this pump for well over a month so far, i love it, very easy to setup, you just input your daily dose in ML and set how many intervals you would like it to dose and the the hours in which you would like it to do it between, it really has made the difference for me, before i was manually dosing and there really isnt any comparison, corals dont like big change so gradually adding the 2 part at small amounts 24/7 with the doser has really helped my corals grow.

Jewel

I used to make my own, Food grd Calcium Chloride and Baking Soda, Worked great but my source for the CC ran out, In the future I'll be buying the bulk pails from BRS and the dosers as well, 3 of them It's good to dose Mag as well just to tie it all in. For that I used Epson Salts, Manually dosing every day was a pain but great results. The 2 Part Bi Ionic is the best hands down but very pricey

nitro069

I have been using the 2 part b-ionic to bring my levels up. did the math, dosed daily and when i tested on last day it was bang on where i expected it to be. I just picked up my brs 2 part kit with dosing pumps and when i figure out how much i need to dose it will be up and running. cant wait to automate it.  does the brs 2 part add trace elements also like the esv does??

Royal Aquariums

Inactive Since Crash
INACTIVE
Checkout our bulk additives in the additives section of our store. They are identical quality to brs and will save you money buying local instead of from US. No there are not any trace elements included in these bulk additives. i wasnt aware bionic does this but, they are able to because the product comes as a liquid not a powder.

If you are interested in adding trace elements to your additives, I would suggest looking into the fauna Marin trace b line.

Jewel

I would always rather buy local, so I will check out your website, I'm gonna be looking for some other items as well  Thanks Jim

nitro069

Jewel link said:
I would always rather buy local, so I will check out your website, I'm gonna be looking for some other items as well  Thanks Jim

+1 I will also be checking your site. may be a while though because i now have a shit tonne of BRS 2 part.

I was also thinking about it and if  you do regular water changes that should be more than enough for trace elements.

Jewel

I think if you do regular water changes it would work but if you do it then you've gotta make sure the salt you are using is high in trace elements and even then you may have alot of Corals that require the trace Elements. All you can do is test your water regulary.

Status
Not open for further replies.