BRS Group buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gietz

Just wondering if you guys wanna put in a group buy for January with all that Xmas money?

Z

Zakk

Possible, although I had an order arrive at 6or 7 this evening, UPS guys were working late. 

There's always stuff to get from them, I'm sure I can order up some things.

xxmurrxx

I'm in one at the nano reef site supposed to start on the 27th. Maybe check it out if not enough locals want to make an order.

Planning on a rodi unit and media reactor :)

xxmurrxx

Same as any other US based site, shipping to Canada is pricey.. But they do ship in a way to avoid brokerage fees which is good, nothing like UPS showing up with your package and a bill for $50

If your interested we could possibly do a single order and split the shipping cost.

Z

Zakk

xxmurrxx link said:
Same as any other US based site, shipping to Canada is pricey.. But they do ship in a way to avoid brokerage fees which is good, nothing like UPS showing up with your package and a bill for $50

If your interested we could possibly do a single order and split the shipping cost.

This is why I use them.  They pay ups brokerage.  ups is great for getting a package on time, but as you say, they are criminals when it comes to raping us on brokerage.

BRS is great in that they let you know if they're out of something, and get you things fast.  I ordered a frag shelf, 10 filter socks and some other odds and ends last Thurs, and I got it last night.  The called friday to say the glass magnets were out of stock, and asked if I wanted to wait for them to get them this pat monday, or make two shipments.  AWESOME customer service.  Their packaging is top notch too, a little overboard really. 

xxmurrxx

Zakk link said:
[quote author=xxmurrxx link=topic=1522.msg13329#msg13329 date=1324547075]

This is why I use them.  They pay ups brokerage.  ups is great for getting a package on time, but as you say, they are criminals when it comes to raping us on brokerage.

BRS is great in that they let you know if they're out of something, and get you things fast.  I ordered a frag shelf, 10 filter socks and some other odds and ends last Thurs, and I got it last night.  The called friday to say the glass magnets were out of stock, and asked if I wanted to wait for them to get them this pat monday, or make two shipments.  AWESOME customer service.  Their packaging is top notch too, a little overboard really.
[/quote]

Yeah, i remember buying a used skimmer for like 90 bucks.. UPS shows up and says i owe $46 brokerage lol.. Not even sure if brokerage is supposed to be charged on used items? I was pretty pissed though.
UPS is the king of milking the brokerage.

Z

Zakk

xxmurrxx link said:
[quote author=Zakk link=topic=1522.msg13336#msg13336 date=1324567377]
[quote author=xxmurrxx link=topic=1522.msg13329#msg13329 date=1324547075]

[/quote]

Yeah, i remember buying a used skimmer for like 90 bucks.. UPS shows up and says i owe $46 brokerage lol.. Not even sure if brokerage is supposed to be charged on used items? I was pretty pissed though.
UPS is the king of milking the brokerage.
[/quote]

They got me $200 on duty and brokerage on an apex system, making it cheaper to buy it from jlaquatics than from the manufacturer.  Declared value of the apex was $699, they overrode it to $1000 and charged $70 in brokerage, and $120 in duties and taxes.  screw ups (unless someone else is paying the brokerage)  :D

Status
Not open for further replies.