Bubbles, Bubbles Everywhere

Anthony

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the help on my cyanobacteria issues,
My tank still has signs of it, but thanks to the advice, I've made a few changes and, it has slowed to a manageable level now. (now that i've posted this, who wants to bet i wake up to a red carpet covering everything in my tank)

A new issue that seems to have developed is, I seem to now have little bubbles forming everywhere.
IMG_6204.JPG IMG_6206.JPG IMG_6207.JPG

Can anyone tell me if this the start of a form of bubble algae? if it is, the limited research i've done so far, tells me not to pop them,
how do i get rid of them?

Thanks for the advice.

Skim

I guess you have some strong lighting. Those are O2 bubbles coming off the Algae ( called pearling in freshwater planted tanks ) so if you have high nutrients yes you may see a large growth of Algae or if they are low it may starve them and they will fade away.

Bill

Make sure you only us RO/DI water in your tank and do not overfeed the fish, the cyno will die off when you deplete the nutrients in the water

Nicole New Lowell

And for future refetence if you do end up with bubble algae, nip it in the bud right away and pick them off. The smaller they are the less likely to pop. So just be gentle and they usually pop off the rock quite easily.

Josh

i did a 48hr blackout before i got my corals and honestly it made a HUGE difference, you need to make sure not only are the lights are off but also you dont get much outside ambient lighting either. Its about starving them really hard. If you have coral which i did when i did mine (a small zoa colony) i just took the opportunity to spot feed them reef roids because i was worried.

Anthony

I guess you have some strong lighting. Those are O2 bubbles coming off the Algae ( called pearling in freshwater planted tanks ) so if you have high nutrients yes you may see a large growth of Algae or if they are low it may starve them and they will fade away.

I upgraded my lights from a cheap LED (marinland light + a few LED grow lights) to a 4 bulb t5 setup.
the red cyano seem to disappear, then the bubbles appeared,
Now the bubbles are starting to disappear, but the red cyano is coming back,

Anthony

i did a 48hr blackout before i got my corals and honestly it made a HUGE difference, you need to make sure not only are the lights are off but also you dont get much outside ambient lighting either. Its about starving them really hard. If you have coral which i did when i did mine (a small zoa colony) i just took the opportunity to spot feed them reef roids because i was worried.

My tank has been dark for about 16 hours now (attempting the 48 hour blackout method) to see if it helps in anyway. I will keep you posted,

Franco

i tink that one of your problems to is your phosphate, po4 is food for algue, bacteria and more.....

Anthony

Can you recommend a good phosphate test kit?
I have a Red Sea Marine Care test kit and I'm not a fan of it, (and can't test Phosphates with it)

Josh

i like my red sea kits i have the algae growth one as well which includes phosphates. I hear hannah checkers are nice if u want a single tester