Bubbles??? Please Help.

Fox 82

Hi I'm still new to saltwater and am having a few problems with my setup. Im hoping sombody can give me some friendly advice. Lol I'll try to make this short. I have a small nano tank that I've had running for a while now and about a month ago my corals started to shrink and not open as much and now they barely ever open. I thought it was my lighting so I just upgraded to a par38 led and it's been on the tank for 3 days. But now the tank is full of bubbles, there all over the rock the pump and back wall. The rock just keeps bubbling, i did a water change yesterday and everything is good but my corals are still not looking good and more bubbles. is this normal? will it go away? Or what should I do? Thanks

Fox 82

Here's a few pics. The bubbles get worse through out the day and keep coming out of the rock. I only have a small gsp coral, a pulsing xenia and a few hermits in the tank. I'm wondering what would cause the bubbling and if its normal? will go away?
20170215_165651_HDR.jpg
the gsp was growing well a few weeks ago big green and bushy, but now it usually only opens about this much mybe one or two larger polaps at the top open all the way but only for a short time.
20170215_165906_HDR.jpg
there are bugs on the gsp it's hard to get a clear pic but you can see one in in this pic, are they hurting it? Or are they normal?
20170124_220125_HDR.jpg
Is there anything I can do to save the corals? The pulsing xenia was the first to go downhill so I thought it was lighting but now I'm not sure. Any advice would be great thanks

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
the bug looks like a copepod which is ok, the bubbles are not normal but look like the result nitrification, what are your parameters, ammonia, nitrate, nitrite,calcium, alkalinity.

Fox 82

For the first few months I had only a 7500k all white led over the tank and the corals seemed to be growing well but when I added a clown fish the corals started to go down hill. First the xenia got skinny and stopped pulsing, then shrunk and stopped opening at all. My LFS told me it was the light not being the right spectrum and they would all die. Im hoping to save The corals of I can so I got the par38 hoping it would help. The clown is no longer in the tank so there should not be a big bio-load only having 3 small hermit crabs and two small corals. I keep up on water changes and the levels are good as far as I can tell, am I missing somthing?

Fox 82

When I started the tank The rock was dry but that was months ago. The bubbles only started once I got the new light, It never use to do this. I read it could be from algae but I'm not seeing any more than usual.

Fox 82

I found a different bug in the gsp, its very fast and bigger then the others. I can see It kinda looks like a tiny shrimp with claws like a praying mantis. I tryed to get a pic while it was out. Anyone know what this is?
20170216_143351_HDR.jpg
20170216_143404_HDR.jpg
is this guy bad? Lol thanks

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
How did you cycle the tank? With ammonia or food...obviously fishless. If the tank was not fully cycled it would take a long time with the tiny bioload to get things going and adding the clown would actually get the cycle going.