Buggers 90 gallon

Ducati283

Sorry to hear that. Their stuff looked good at the last show and online (as you mentioned). Did you contact them? Just curious, I myself am extremely hesitant to purchase online for that reason

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

I'm surprised they weren't nice. I stopped by his place on New Years eve when I was taking my daughter back to school. His coral looked really nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bugger

He feeds reefroids thats one way to trash a tank. There's little point in talking to him. I don't know why he waited 7 weeks to post them online. He posted them at sale prices I should have known something was wrong.

Reactions: Ced

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
He feeds reefroids thats one way to trash a tank. There's little point in talking to him. I don't know why he waited 7 weeks to post them online. He posted them at sale prices I should have known something was wrong.
What's the issue you have had with reef-roids?

Ducati283

Are reef roids bad in your opinion? What do you feed? I'm curious because i was going to buy some. I've heard and read good things online and from some people that use them? I've not heard anything bad. Could you elaborate on that for me? I'm not trying to be disrespectful at all, I'm still new to this hobby and would like to gain as much insight as I can from all viewpoints before I make my decisions. I know farmboy reefer is sponsored (or so it seems by polyplab). But his tank looks okay imo.

bugger

Its good for feeding goni but sps don't have polyps capable of captuing particlates they are just to small and it just goes to waste

Ducati283

Its good for feeding goni but sps don't have polyps capable of captuing particlates they are just to small and it just goes to waste

Okay that makes sense. So if I'm going ultimately for a mixed reef...the reef roids are good but what then would u suggest for sps? Something more liquid like fuel from aquavitro? My lfs has just stated carrying aquaforest also so I would imagine there is something in that line that would work also?

bugger

You don't need to add anything. Just good parameters Dkh and calcium. I don't like aquaforest either they use copper in there additive.
If you remember reef in the sky he never added just used start 3, sponge power, and bac, and the zeolites from zeovit and he grew corals.

I know you think they need something to eat but thats not the case blue light and fishes is all you need to grow sps

Reactions: Ced

Ducati283

You don't need to add anything. Just good parameters Dkh and calcium. I don't like aquaforest either they use copper in there additive.
If you remember reef in the sky he never added just used start 3, sponge power, and bac, and the zeolites from zeovit and he grew corals.

I know you think they need something to eat but thats not the case blue light and fishes is all you need to grow sps

That's very reassuring! Thank you for the input! I did not realize they used copper that makes no sense in a reef? I'm glad I've got good lighting and parameters so I should be good to go! I bought my first acro a few weeks ago and hopefully it grows so I can get more!
cab349bab0184de180fd161b03c75f4e.jpg
e22d42ca32998495a80d2c790d0e7140.jpg

I just need to get a magnesium test kit and figure out what to use for dosing alk and calcium. I haven't needed to yet because they were both a little high but I'm noticing them starting to drop now.

bugger

You might find it grows into something that look much different then the frag
IMG_1062_zpsuxwhx4hg.jpg

I think im going to do something about the brute maybe use pumps to fill the tank and get some sort of storage for the water this looks to stupid
IMG_1061_zpslllnf6bl.jpg

bought a new toy
IMG_1063_zpsx3xwwnmr.jpg

Still have not got the loom going

Ducati283

I can't wait till I understand what all these toys do, how they work....then be able to implement them properly into my system

Dima

Love your tank very clean. Great job! Where did u buy orange pipes? And brand did o use for calcium reactor?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk