Build Plan Help

gowyn

Presently have a 32 Biocube LED, time to upgrade....haha

Anyway I want this tank to POP!

I’m considering have a 32x32x32 acrylic cube built. I know this is deep but it will make a statement. Built out of 3/4.

For lighting I’m considering the Maxspect r420 160 w. Mainly because there are two sets on Kijiji, I will use the tank top mounts so there should be plenty of PAR to reach the bottom of the tank.

My other option is four AI Primes, have to make a mounting frame for them though.

For the sump it will be a Bashsea cube

Nyos Quantum skimmer

All hard plumbed and I will build a custom stand.

Of course lots of other good quality hardware not listed.

Thoughts or suggestions before I commit too far?

Last edited:

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Everything looks great, but I think you are way over powering the lighting. I personally would go AI Prime for the lighting, but you will only need 2 for those tank dimensions. Keep in mind that we normally put out lights at less then 12" above the water while the PAR images of these lights are at 24". Also, a single Radion XR15 Pro G4 will do the coverage you are looking for as well.

Matt1997

Everything looks great, but I think you are way over powering the lighting. I personally would go AI Prime for the lighting, but you will only need 2 for those tank dimensions. Keep in mind that we normally put out lights at less then 12" above the water while the PAR images of these lights are at 24". Also, a single Radion XR15 Pro G4 will do the coverage you are looking for as well.
32x32 I would recommend XR30 pro

WiredWeasel

I've been seeing a lot of those in local retailers. According to the store manager at Big Al's Mississauga he hates the UI design, he says its not very intuitive and lacking compared to the Radion and AI equivalents for single bulb fixtures. Anyone here have a go at them yet?