Bumps On Maroon Clown

ponyboy

My female. Full grown probably 4-5 inch. She was on a bi-weekly Thursday schedule laying eggs. My heater died Wednesday and for some reason my backup was not plugged in. I think I dropped from 79 to around 75 over night. So she didn't pay Thursday. He is still randomly cleaning the usual spot.

She has a good sized round bump on each side, about 3/4 of the way down on her middle striped, pretty much centered on the stripe. It's next to impossible to get a good pic so I'm doing the best I can to describe. Is she holding the eggs? Still does her usual thing and is eating, but seems a little bit reluctant to go far from her nems now.

Luke.

Distinguished Member
I’m sure she will lay eventually, it’s clown fish we are talking about , I’m sure a little swing in temp has 0 harm , she looks like she’s holding eggs so I’d let time take it’s corse

ponyboy

I get that. It's just weird she's not swollen at the bottom. Just sticking out the sides close to the bottom. It took almost a year of 0 fluctuation in temp/light etc before she started laying again.

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Interesting I mean I guess any living thing in this world can have its own personality, I know personally for me I have been neglecting my tank Missed a few weeks of water changes and top off water , but my clowns still lay , I personally would keep and eye on her and if you aren’t into it for the money / raising the fry I wouldn’t be to concerned. Especially if she’s still eating and swimming around and what not , good luck to you .

ponyboy

Ya I'm keeping an eye on it. Not really into it for the money, just the experience. But the week this started I picked up most of what's needed after I pull the eggs. Have a great phyto culture going, rotifer cysts ready, and a good amount of bbs (eggs?).

I just always like to ask if I see something new and possibly unusual.

ponyboy

Nh9KN7.jpg

Really not liking this. This is today, so a good amount of time has passed. Her right side seems to have shrunk. The left side has grown longer but isn't sticking out any more than it was. This is not low in her belly. There is at least half an inch under the bump where she is just normal size.