Calcium Reactor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giglio324

So the other night i went to see a guy who has a really nice setup although he has been neglecting it a bit, it still looked good. so one thing i noticed that i hadnt actually even seen yet was that he was running a calcium reactor. I realized that if i really want the sps and lps to rock thats the route to go. First of all who uses one thoughts comments concerns complaints. second is this is the one i was thinking about getting.
http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/reef-octopus-calcium-reactor-single-chamber.html
thanks for any advice guys. right now im just manually dosing 2 part so i figured i gotta decide between a doser and this. i already realize the financial differences. thanks

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Giglio324 link said:
So the other night i went to see a guy who has a really nice setup although he has been neglecting it a bit, it still looked good. so one thing i noticed that i hadnt actually even seen yet was that he was running a calcium reactor. I realized that if i really want the sps and lps to rock thats the route to go. First of all who uses one thoughts comments concerns complaints. second is this is the one i was thinking about getting.
thanks for any advice guys. right now im just manually dosing 2 part so i figured i gotta decide between a doser and this. i already realize the financial differences. thanks

i disagree myself, 2 part is the way to go.. without a controller to run those reactors you run the risk of giant PH swings, some use air stone to bubble the effluent to try and combat that.. etc etc. not to mention co2 refils gotta be a pita. if you want to space out the time between maintenence just use bigger jugs and mix up a bigger batch with the 2 part.. spend the money on a dosing setup to automate it and you'll be happy.

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Duke link said:
[quote author=Giglio324 link=topic=4157.msg37823#msg37823 date=1359220228]

i disagree myself, 2 part is the way to go.. without a controller to run those reactors you run the risk of giant PH swings, some use air stone to bubble the effluent to try and combat that.. etc etc. not to mention co2 refils gotta be a pita. if you want to space out the time between maintenence just use bigger jugs and mix up a bigger batch with the 2 part.. spend the money on a dosing setup to automate it and you'll be happy.
[/quote]

Agreed.. 2 Part is the way to go.
Not saying Ca Reactors dont work, but lots of guys are having success with 2 part these days

P

phi delt reefer

2 part is the way too go. You'll notice many used calc reactors for sale cause they are switching to 2 part. A dosing pump and the supplies will be cheaper than a new calc setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.