Canister filter help HIGH NITRATES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

harleymike

Super Active Member
tds is totall disolved solids.
Should be zero after the ro/di.
Some rodi systems have a meter on theme. So you can check water going in and out.
mike

davesolo29

Super Active Member
if you are buying from the "water guy"  chances are good its only RO water,  no DI stage.  So it wont be zero TDS.  The stuff you get from Sealife likely will be.

I would purchase an RO/DI filter and make your own.  Cheaper in the long run.
If you are looking for one,  i have a couple that i could sell you one of for pretty cheap.

spyd

Super Active Member
Between the live rock and skimmer you should be fine. I would leave the canister running with the carbon and chemipure as you now have setup. Just keep cleaning it once a week if possible. The ridges in the water lines coming to and from the canister tend to collect a lot of crap and need to be cleaned frequently as it creates a lot of nitrates. Weekly water changes of 20% will cut your nitrates down quickly. Then you can eventually move to 20% water changes every 2 weeks as long as your nitrates are in check.

Definitely, invest in a RO/DI unit when you can.  You will save piles of money making your own.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
davesolo29 link said:
if you are buying from the \"water guy\"  chances are good its only RO water,  no DI stage.  So it wont be zero TDS.  The stuff you get from Sealife likely will be.

I would purchase an RO/DI filter and make your own.  Cheaper in the long run.
If you are looking for one,  i have a couple that i could sell you one of for pretty cheap.

Depending on the water guy...they only sell RO. If someone drinks RO/DI, they will be pooping up a storm as you are not supposed to drink RO/DI.

Definitely worth the investment 1000%. Especially during a group buy. Will make your money back quickly and conveniently.

Status
Not open for further replies.