Can't Miss This One!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
I have never been across the border and brought back frags..... How does this work? Anyone done it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Pretty sure it is not worth it if you do it the 'proper' way, then there is customs paperwork that gets pretty pricy. It is also specific on the individual coral type that you are bringing over. Customs would be best to talk to about this, but even they may give you incorrect information and then have it confiscated at the boarder and you get a cavity search. *SNAPPING GLOVES*

Other then that, any frag can cross the boarder as long as it fits in the bottom of a McDonalds cup.  ;)

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
Too bad "pro corals" isn't listed as a vendor.......I see they make it out to other Michigan events and their website looks promising.....
Has any ever dealt with Jason fox or kickazz corals?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
Ive dealt with jason fox and sonny from pro corals.  Sonny is actually from Michigan so im surprised he isnt at the swap but i think he has slowed his home business down.  Both guys have great stuff but be prepared to pay $$  for JF more than PC but both.  I also dealt with thedigitalfishroom but i wont say anything good about that guy.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Chuck, we'll trust you to go, grab some kickass stuff, and have frags for us by the time our next frag swap comes around.  You never fail to impress.  I wish I had hit you up for more stuff last year, although the red planet is likely to be my centerpiece if it continues on the way it has been lately :)

chuckm

I can understand why you say that guys, but here is another picture from a different vendor, from  (Black GrandPrix-which is Kee's Aquarium), this one you can see the base coralites look different than goni, and is encrustiong down the sides....

http://www.captivereefs.com/forum/aquafx-aquarium-maintenance/lansing-swap-fx-style-pre-sales-25568/

Here is one of the red goni's tha Pacific East mAquaculture will bring-Dr Mac Corals: which i think you are referring to: on page #5 of this thread

http://www.captivereefs.com/forum/pacific-east-aquaculture/600-new-corals-24719/

chuckm

Salty Cracker link said:
Chuck, we'll trust you to go, grab some kickass stuff, and have frags for us by the time our next frag swap comes around.  You never fail to impress.  I wish I had hit you up for more stuff last year, although the red planet is likely to be my centerpiece if it continues on the way it has been lately :)

Thanks Glen, thanks for the kind words,  always love talking Corals, Beer, and Some Zakk Wylde with ya! 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.