Clowns Have Eggs

bart84

B7A7881A-83C6-4165-A71D-52A7CD76D915_zpsj0ikev5e.jpg
Hey everybody, I am so excited, my clowns have eggs. I was feeding my nems and when my lta closed up it exposed a clutch of eggs. I am not sure what I want to do, whether to try and raise them or let nature take it's course. I think I might do some more reading for this batch and maybe try to raise the next batch.
9018A0CA-78CB-44EF-B793-E83552F3AAEE_zpsmx60feik.jpg

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
Get used to it, doubt you could catch any to raise, free fish food.
Mine lay a batch every month.

bart84

I am seriously thinking about it. They say you can harvest them as soon as they are born and it won't effect the parents. You catch them with a light and a turkey baster.

reefgeek

I am seriously thinking about it. They say you can harvest them as soon as they are born and it won't effect the parents. You catch them with a light and a turkey baster.
If you do want to try to raise a batch then place a ceramic tile or clay flower pot near the location that they normally spawn. Clowns are suckers for the texture and cleanliness of these two items and will most likely attach the eggs to this removable material. Best way to get the most eggs for the effort as chances are they will hatch in the middle of the night when you are fast asleep. Another task to get started before this is to get a couple of 5 gal pails, some rotifer cultures and start growing them as this will be the most effective first food for the fry. There is tons of literature on raising fry, read read read.

bart84

I have out some thought into it and as if now I am going to let nature take it's course. I am planning a tank change in a week so I don't need to start that as well. Hopefully when the change is done they will breed again and by then I have had done some more reading. I do like the pot or tile idea. I will most likely do that when the time comes.