Colby And Janice's 16 Gal Nano Reef Aquarium!

ColbytheClown

Starting the bleach bath with the LR, hopefully I can do things right this time to have the most successful reef possible :)
IMG_2170.JPG

Josh

Not going to lie i would not have used your arm gloves with the bleach. Might not want to reuse those in the tank again.

If those are just regular gloves then ignore the above, however they look exactly like the corallife gloves i bought for my gf.

ColbytheClown

Just put the "LR" with water into the 16 gal! I will not be running the lights, but am running GFO until the phosphates are down, then see if the phosphates stay when I take GFO off. I will then add a some seeded substrate, from a well established aquarium (hopefully from one of you guys) :)

It's amazing to start up a new tank and realize how much more you have learned and how you can incorporate it the second time around! Hopefully things will be much smoother, especially when it's not sabotaged lol!

I put in a power head for some more flow, more pics coming soon, ;)really happy with how the aquascape turned out.
image.jpg
image.jpg

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
why stop the gfo? I run it constantly and seems to help
He needs to take the GFO offline for a few days once phosphates read effectively zero to see if they come back up to determine if the phosphates leaching from the rock have been fully exhausted. The GFO will just be off temporarily for the sake of accurate testing...

He is planning on running GFO full-time...

ColbytheClown

Update: tank was run from august to mid February, while phosphates stopped leeching from the rock. The rock had absorbed all the phosphates from when it was in the 32 gal, and was covered with algae. I’ve been runnin the 16 gal with the lights off with GFO until phosphates we’re at 0. The tank has been running for about a month and a half, and has one fire fish goby, and some snails and hermits. I also have one mushroom. Pics soon:p