Constant Water Change With Drip Emitter Question??

Marz

I posted this on another forum, but also thought that I would try here as I was home bound all weekend since the kids have been sick and therefore had a lot of time to research my new build (and was bummed that I missed what would have been my second frag fest!). I thought that I would start a thread specific to the idea of a "drip emitter" for constant water changes.

My plan (so far without any input from here), is to build a water mixing station. My thought is that I have 2 x 30g or 50g containers. One for RODI and one for mixing (as everyone else does). I had been thinking about the DOS unit for my apex, but they are costly. To continue my train of thought, I was then thinking of implementing a 20G container where I would fill each week with the SW. This would then be plumbed using a drip emitter to the return compartment of my sump. I am not sure if I can get a drip emitter that will allow me to do 2-3 gallons/day?

I have included the JPG as a visual explanation.

Has anybody done this before?
drip%20emitter_zpsvgrtvmjd.jpg

theyangman

Distinguished Member
Check out the glass reef. He has a system where he changes a little bit of water every day. It's costly to set up and you have to maintain it.