Copepods Galore!

Quartapound

Just wanted to give a positive review of Davids Copepods... I added a bottle about 2 weeks ago to my DT following the instructions, and they've obviously made their way around the system because the glass on my frag tank is absolutely covered with them now! I can only imagine it's the same inside the DT, in the rocks (the six line makes quick work of whatever comes out on the glass I believe lol) but there wasn't much going on inside my tank copepod wise beforehand... I had lots of mysis shrimp running around in the frag tank but no pods!

What a difference! :) I'm sure the tank is doing better as a result... I have to admit I saw you at the Brantford show and was skeptical of buying a bottle of 'green liquid' but now I can vouch that they are absolutely packed full of life!!! Wish I had got one back then too!

Thanks David, really a great product you have!!

Last edited:

SamB

Super Active Member
Good posting - yes amazing product and David is a great, knowledgeable guy ! He is always happy to give advice and discuss the best options for your requirements.
His pods have stabilized my system to support 2 fat, green mandarins and the pods that I started with are reproducing themselves so my system is almost self sustaining. I say almost because I do like to buy a bottle approx once a month from David just for that extra piece of mind : )

I'm usually available to drive his pods to reefers in SW Ontario and Niagara

Last edited:

SamB

Super Active Member
Good to hear. Thanks for posting. As per our chat, 330g system for these... boy oh boy painful
Yup, you've got a BIG system to be sure Nighthawk26 and the pods are a big investment initially but like my system, you should begin to perpetuate your pod production. David can provide a pod feeding schedule to support

Nighthawk26

Yup, you've got a BIG system to be sure Nighthawk26 and the pods are a big investment initially but like my system, you should begin to perpetuate your pod production. David can provide a pod feeding schedule to support

I had a brief email correspondence with David after Shaun mentioned your order to me. Looks like I had just missed the big 2 for 1 sale. Davids suggestion to start was as your elude to, significant. It's on my radar as something to do in the near future. "Unfortunately" BIGSHOW had a rather impressive Aussie shipment of SPS come in, and it took precedent. Hopefully another sale comes along sooner than later.

SamB

Super Active Member
I had a brief email correspondence with David after Shaun mentioned your order to me. Looks like I had just missed the big 2 for 1 sale. Davids suggestion to start was as your elude to, significant. It's on my radar as something to do in the near future. "Unfortunately" BIGSHOW had a rather impressive Aussie shipment of SPS come in, and it took precedent. Hopefully another sale comes along sooner than later.

I hear ya for sure. However IMHO, pods are the building blocks of a good, long-term stable system. Corals, animals, fish use pods and as we all know, plankton and pods are the building blocks of the oceans. Nothing happens without these creatures and not to get too far out there, but if God created this system it must be a good plan. Ok, too far I know but what I truly believe
Pods are the foundation of our reef "houses" that we try to build and emulate to what is naturally occurring in the oceans.
Guess you can tell that I love pods and I'm not even getting a royalty for this ! :p

Nighthawk26

Haha.. Yeah, I hear ya, and do agree. A solid foundation is important. My tank is still quite virgin so I've got lots of time still. I agree though, they are needed. I'm just wanting to see how much I can start with and maybe have it grow on it's own from there. It's not like I have a fully stocked tank. Will research how much they can populate themselves based on my tank compared to whats consumed. I also loath knowing I missed by a short time a 2/1 deal. My brian will not let me get around that. Haha

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
never know there will be a MAST Frag show Feb 6 I think and he will be there with his stuff. Maybe a deal like the Brantford show?

SamB

Super Active Member
Hey Chief, I'm meeting Torx on Thursday
I hate to volunteer him, but if I drop pods with him, he can pass to you

Themaddhatter

Good posting - yes amazing product and David is a great, knowledgeable guy ! He is always happy to give advice and discuss the best options for your requirements.
His pods have stabilized my system to support 2 fat, green mandarins and the pods that I started with are reproducing themselves so my system is almost self sustaining. I say almost because I do like to buy a bottle approx once a month from David just for that extra piece of mind : )

I'm usually available to drive his pods to reefers in SW Ontario and Niagara
Hi Sam,
I'd be interested in buying some if you can work it into your schedule whenever you're coming out this way again (Guelph).

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

David Caplan

Website Affiliate
Thanks everyone! Its great to hear all the wonderful results people have been having.

You can always PM me here to arrange and order, Sam is wonderfully generous driving the bottles around for me.

@Nighthawk26 PM me and we can arrange something. Better to get your system started with a solid foundation before dropping all that money on gorgeous corals :).