copper band buttterfly fish

Status
Not open for further replies.

harleymike

Super Active Member
ok, I have heard the stories. Very hard too keep.
My wife saw one at kees yesterday, fell in love with them.
I asked about them, and about feeding. The store fed them for me and they ate.
so after thinking and my wifes pouty face.
i came home with two.
One for each tank.
I do hope it works out, they are a very nice looking fish.
Any suggestins about there care would be greatly apprecitaed.
Mike

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
Hi Mike

My Copperband has been very easy to keep as well.  I have had her for approximately 6 months.  She has quite a personality and likes to do "laps" around one of the powerheads.  If you have any tubeworms, it will probably eat them though.  Mine is very curiious and intently studies everything in the tank.  She is always the first fish waiting for me at feeding time!  She eats frozen PE Mysis and Cyclopese.

jroovers

Super Active Member
CBBs are one of my favourites.  If you have two fish that were eating in the store, I think you are well on your way. The hardest part is getting them to eat - if that is already done, I think you are well on your way.  Mine prefers mysis.  He also does a lot of pecking at the rock work.  I've seen him eat aptasia two or three times - if yours do this, bonus!  When you get a chance, post some pics.

jroovers

Super Active Member
I got mine from Bill at IA.  I think he usually has them in stock or can get them if you want one.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
i just had an attempt with a long nosed butterfly... even though he was eating in store, as soon as i got him home he wouldnt take anything...  died a week later...

they are very similar in feeding habits and diets im told.

jroovers

Super Active Member
Poseidon link said:
i just had an attempt with a long nosed butterfly... even though he was eating in store, as soon as i got him home he wouldnt take anything...  died a week later...

they are very similar in feeding habits and diets im told.

Yes, there are no guarantees... I think your odds go up dramatically though if they are taking prepped foods at the LFS.  Depending on what situation you place that fish into at home, results will obviously vary.  Not going to matter much if your CBB was eating at the LFS if you place him in a tank with a PBT and YT that harrass it to death or stress it to the point where it doesn't want to eat.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
yes for sure... i put the guy in a tank all by himself, with tons of liverock covered in feather dusters for him to graze on....

oh well... definitly going to go with a cbb next time around, much better track record,

nice score on the 2 cbbs mike, they are a really cool fish.

shipwreck

Aaron had one at big als on the weekend when I was there that was eating whatever frozen food he dumped in as I walked up. If my tank was ready...

Status
Not open for further replies.