Coraline algae

Davesfragtank

So random question dose anyone have small live rock covered in coraline algae they would be willing to part with or is there a better way to promote the growth
In the strathroy area thank you

Luke.

Distinguished Member
So random question dose anyone have small live rock covered in coraline algae they would be willing to part with or is there a better way to promote the growth
In the strathroy area thank you
If I were you (to help keep pests out) just try and get someone to scrape the flakes off the glass , take home break it all up and sprinkle , probably take a month or 2 but it’ll spread like wildfire !

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Personal experience, but I found coralline didn't grow as well under certain spectrums of LEDs. I had a tank near a window, and the side facing the sunlight was solid coralline, but the rest of the tank had the slightest sprinkling. That's why I added back T5s, as coralline used to be a pest for me. Kind of torn on which is better: lots or none.

If you have any of it in your tank, you don't need more, it'll be something it's missing, because as stated, it will grow like crazy if it's happy, even from the smallest speck. As suggested, if you have some on the glass, just scrape it and sprinkle it, although it's not necessary (the stuff 'spores' off like crazy).

Davesfragtank

Ok awesome thanks only running 3 months now and just added hybrid t5 week ago so I’m just being impatient than and more will grow lol thanks guys always very helpful here

Luke.

Distinguished Member
I have my ai only running around 20% and it’s growing , it not just about light , make sure your stable and it all take off , or grab some purple up if you want to try and speed it up