could you make a trap like this?

J_T

Website Affiliate
Website
www.jtcustomacrylics.com
I have made one that was a box. And it works like a charm. I have a couple mods to make to it.What are you trying to catch? Hate to make you a trap too big, or too small.
Sent from my {HTC X8} using Board Express

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
i can make you one, 100$:
premium glass box with sliding doors, check out my thread...

8)

haha, jk, get an nice acrylic one :)

vdubz

no fish over 3-4". A clown or 2, or 3.  i wouldn't care if it was a cylinder or a box.  just tired of trying to surface feed and "ninja-net". ;)

J_T

Website Affiliate
Website
www.jtcustomacrylics.com
You will like mine then. Food goes in the top, sit down, wait, then tug on the fishing line, done :) Works even better if you "forget" to feed the fish for a day or two...
Sent from my {HTC X8} using Board Express

J_T

Website Affiliate
Website
www.jtcustomacrylics.com
Here is my original trap, that has been used in a few tanks now :) I snagged the baslett out of my tank (glad that bitch is gone!)

Stick the thing over the edge, prop the door open (angled to the opposite you see in the picture) drop some food in the tube, let it slowly settle into the trap. Sit back, watch every fish but the one you want go in... pull the string when it finally goes in!

Fish-trap-square.jpg

I put this together quickly to catch the fish. My new one will have holes in the door to help it close faster. As well as some down the sides. It will help to keep the water moving a bit, and the food inside moving.

I just sketched a fast drawing (Its awesome, and I can make signed copies upon request! LOL) of the soon to be new trap. I think this would fit into a Canada post "box" If you do want one, drop me a PM/email, and we can work out the logistics of getting it to you.

[img=1400x787]http://jtcustomacrylics.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/WP_20130322_003.jpg[/img]

Jon

H

hazey

J_T link said:
[quote author=hazey link=topic=4850.msg45812#msg45812 date=1364000177]
Very nice work Jon! Clean edges!

I flame polish, or buffer wheel everything! Hell, I have " scraps that I use for spacers have polished edges :)
[/quote]

Nice!