Daves 200 gallon DD tank build

davesolo29

Super Active Member
Well... i decided to give the tank a kick start and added a bottle of Dr. Tims to the tank as well as 3 green chromis.  I used the Dr. Tims previously for a temporary tank when i got my triggers from Reef Raft.  Seemed to work.  I believe that it probably helps establish biological bacteria capable of sustaining fish alive, but im not convinced that it will keep coral alive.  So i am going to continue keeping my coral in the frag table until it matures a bit more,  with the exception of a couple frags from a few of my hardier colonies.  I added some red monti cap, some green apple monti, and couple zoo frags, and a green milli to the tank just as a test to see if they stay alive.  Will give that a couple weeks before adding any of the bigger colonies.

davesolo29

Super Active Member
A few new things.  Mostly fish. Picked up some anthias from Aaron's store several months back. Some blue eyed cardinals, a coris wrasse, powder brown and a clown tang.  As for corals nothing new. Just waiting to see if I can get the colours I'm looking for before adding any more.  Think I'm due for a re scraping. Not really happy with the way it is at the moment. 
I'm patiently waiting for the frag swap. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tdb320reef

Website
www.coralfragz.com
Nice thank Dave and nice looking Stix. Looking forward to watching is fill-in.  You should be proud. 

spyd link said:
[quote author=phi delt reefer link=topic=2531.msg41393#msg41393 date=1361299196]
[quote author=davesolo29 link=topic=2531.msg41388#msg41388 date=1361297578]
thanks.. my photo skills need a lot of improvement, but at the same time, they are really only for you guys... i get the real thing.
so it really doesnt matter.  lmao

lots more pics to come.

selfish bastard...:D

I'm like the rock work. 

is this the piece you picked up from Bill when we were both there a couple weeks back?

image_zpsa5064a4d.jpg

[/quote]

That piece is sweet! I eye balled that thing a pile of times at Bill's but never pulled the trigger. At least I knew where to steal it from err... grab a frag sometime.
[/quote]

davesolo29

Super Active Member
Well,  As most of you know, after some serious tank neglect and lack of time I contemplated getting out of the hobby.  Thankfully I didn't. 
With a new job that is less time demanding I have found the initiative to clean things up and get back on track.  I think it is looking great! 
I've stocked the fish again and have a couple of softies, lps and sps corals in there.  I want to make sure things are stable before jumping back into a sps dominant tank. 

Will post a few pics later. 

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
Hi Dave! Your tank is revived!!! :)
How is that red Digi doing? What about those frags from BIGSHOW???
Ok, ok I'll just come out and say it.... We need some pics!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

davesolo29

Super Active Member
Haven't seen my potters wrasse since I took this pic.  Hopefully it didn't end up as a floor treat for a dog or cat.  Or worse yet, stuck in my drain at the gate valve. 

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
right on man... good to see you stuck with it.. this time its going to work out good im sure of it!!

davesolo29

Super Active Member
Duke link said:
right on man... good to see you stuck with it.. this time its going to work out good im sure of it!!
I'm glad too Nick.  I'm certain I have made things much easier to maintain now.  And the extra time home during the evening makes a world of difference.  It sure did take a lot of work cleaning things up tho. 

Phil

Hi Dave, really glad to read you've revived the big tank. We need to hook up sometime during these freakin snow storms to chat tanks bud.  (Y)

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
any photos of the new wrasse in his new home??

edit... nm i just re discovered the photo of him in your above post..

what are you running for hardware this time around dave?

davesolo29

Super Active Member
8 bulb ati with 3ft vertex illumilux led for supplement.  Alpha cone 250. Tlf 150 with carbon. Tlf550 with Gfo.  Vertex bio pellet reactor.  All plumbed together and run by my water blaster 10000.