Delivery Signatures

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
Is it just me, or do couriers always leave packages in plain sight, even when a signature is supposed to be required? Over the last month, my wife and I had ordered over $1000 worth of various merchandise . There were 3 main items. One delivered by purolator, one by fedex, and one by dhl. All were supposed to require a signature. All were left either on the front porch, or at the side door. Not a single knock on the door, hence no signatures asked for or received. Is this common practice, and has anyone claimed things not arriving (even though they actually did)? I must say Canada Post has actually been the most reliable as far as knocking and waiting for someone to answer the door, instead of "dropping and running".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Canadianeh

Is it just me, or do couriers always leave packages in plain sight, even when a signature is supposed to be required? Over the last month, my wife and I had ordered over $1000 worth of various merchandise . There were 3 main items. One delivered by purolator, one by fedex, and one by dhl. All were supposed to require a signature. All were left either on the front porch, or at the side door. Not a single knock on the door, hence no signatures asked for or received. Is this common practice, and has anyone claimed things not arriving (even though they actually did)? I must say Canada Post has actually been the most reliable as far as knocking and waiting for someone to answer the door, instead of "dropping and running".

Just teach them a lesson. Submit a claim that you never received it. They will replace your item for free, and the courier driver will learn his lesson.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
That is a great idea. Only I know it would come back and bite me in the ass if I did. Being in a small town, wife and I depend a lot on delivery. Luckily there is normally someone home for packages, but we can not guarantee it. FedEx and Canadapost will not leave at the door. But UPS always does, but we get a lot through them, they normally leave it in a secure spot for us and we know as he normally delivers at 3:30, just as we are gone with the kids. No, I am not worried about posting that private info, not going to do anyone any good publicly lol.

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
Haven't had anything by ups in awhile, but they have been just as bad in the past. I always make sure someone will be home for deliveries, and more often than not I know things have been delivered before my wife or babysitter does!

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Ordered a bunch of RC stuff from banggood complained it still hasn't arrived being almost 2 months and they refunded me.... Hopefully they don't ask for a signature lmao if it still comes and wasn't lost. Nothing ever works out in my favour tho :(