DIY Coil Denitrifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Sorry, i forgot to reply to this thread.

Yes its still going and working, my nitrates are lower overall in my tank, but that could be because the tank is finally maturing enough to keep them in check. the main issue i think you need to address is keeping the flow rate high enough through the reactor and gravity feeding it doesnt seem to cut it, maybe a small aqualift pump or something similar would work better.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
pulpfiction1 link said:
did this ever work out for you?

yes and no.. I currently am not running it, it did drop down to zero nitrates out of the reactor fairly quickly and it did bring my tanks nitrates from being a problem to down to less than 5ppm over the course of about 3 months, but that could have just been my tank finally maturing properly. key would be to use a pump to keep it going, the gravity feed worked awesome but eventually it slowed back to just a drip and then just stopped flowing for me so I took it offline. The idea is good, its just the execution that needed some more thinking. Now nitrates aren't an issue for me anyways so I haven't really given it more thought.. If your interested in trying it your more than welcome to mine. if you had an aqualifter pump to pump about a couple of gph through it I think you would be good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.