DIY Digital Aquatics ReefKeeper Switch Adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

phi delt reefer

Anyone running a Reefkeeper controller on their system with a SL1, SL2 or SL5 expansion module? 

The switch adaptors needed to plug into the modules are like $15+ for a pair. I just ordered the parts off Digi-Key to make my own for about $2 a plug. If anyone needs the plugs i ordered a bunch of spares to make shipping worth my while. I can fit them in a standard envelope to get them out to you if you are interested.

They are used to hook up float switches and other external sensors (ex. flood warning) to the Reefkeeper. You can also hook up a relay to the switch port to have the RK recognize a powerout and turn off non essential systems (given that you are running off an auto-switching UPS).

I'll do a quick write up on a three float ATO system and a backup power switch once i get back from my vacation.

M

marks69

i have a couple of extra's kicking around i could have given you.lol
if you find out how to make bus cables let me know.

P

phi delt reefer

marks69 link said:
i have a couple of extra's kicking around i could have given you.lol
if you find out how to make bus cables let me know.

i think there was a guy on RC selling bus cables. They are just repurposed telephone cables no?  I got a super long one if you wanna trade for a shorter one.

do you have extra float switches or just the molex 3 connectors?

M

marks69

i need one between 20-30' to reach my basement.  i thought they were a different layout.

P

phi delt reefer

they layout is only slightly different, i think you take normal phone cable and just crimp a standard connector on the end. You just need to move a couple cables. I'll see if i can find the thread i read ages ago on it. If you know a Bell guy he might be able to splice you something. I know my computer guy back in oakville cut me some cat5 at a custom length then had to refer to a special guide to properly setup the internal wiring order to allow for a direct pc to pc communication (wiring differs for a pc to router config)

I'll see if can compare the two at home today or when i get back. My cable is only like ten feet i think, no 30.

M

marks69

years ago i used to make patch cables.  what a pain.  we used to install systems in factory's and such, so when we were driving we used to make cables(and get payed for them).  never try to do it in the back of a van going down the 401.lol

Status
Not open for further replies.