DIY drip for tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fishit

i bought mine at rona they have every thing Yul need 1/4 line 1/4 pipe thread valve silicone and a container about 15 $

DTI 1501

Im in the process of researching 6 inch round acrylic. i want to make a  kalkwasser reactor to fit in my auto top off.If interested i can keep u posted on price when i order the rest of the stuff i can get here.

bluewater

what's got you stuck ?

have you got a vessel to use, would a 2l pop bottle be big enough ?
a plastic pail can be as big as 5 gallons...

the pop bottle is in some ways better because it is always a fresh batch of kalk, and the bottle caves in as it drains, you don't want the kalk exposed to the atmosphere.

either way, drill hole and tap threads for whatever fitting you find.  Can't find a fitting I'll tell you how to make one.

lewis844

what about the valve to control the flow

I went to rona and i could not find anythink. I am looking for 1/4 plastic quick connect fittings, valve and bulkhead would be prefect like these (below)

DTI 1501

Lee i use a drinking water jug from canadian tire or a water store they come with a valve to drip stop by the house ill show you one. I just picked a 3 gallon 1 up till i make mine . U can get away with a smaller one than that . I may have one in the shed ill take a look.

xxmurrxx

Also interested in setting one of these up, Please let us know if you find a drip valve, or ideas of what to use.
I see some online with a three way hose connector but not sure how that would work.

D

Dr BlueThumb

Picture011.jpg

here's what I use to use a while back not sure if it's what u are looking for?

lewis844

yes that is what i am looking for something similar

I have ordered a doesing kit from jl aquatics i will post when i get it to let you know how it works.

xxmurrxx

Not sure where you live the but Canada Salvage in Tecumseh has these quick connect fittings.

lewis844 link said:
what about the valve to control the flow

I went to rona and i could not find anythink. I am looking for 1/4 plastic quick connect fittings, valve and bulkhead would be prefect like these (below)

S

shayneh

I just use a 1 gallon water container with two holes in the cap and a piece of flexible airline tubing. For drip control I use a simple granny knot and either tighten or loosen the knot.....has worked flawlessly for about 3 years now.

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/skip/agu/kalkdripper.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.