Do you think!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krazykarl

Super Active Member
So I suspected my killer was that crab. I caught his ass threw him in the sump. After his new home, I bought a sand goby, a cleaner wrasse. Two days later, not a trace of body. Checked outside of tank. No suicides. What do you think is going on? Do you think my blue throat trigger is hunting at night? This is bizarre to me bc honestly my tank parameters are mint. I'm keeping expensive tangs alive with no problem. It's bothering me alot. Not a trace of body parts anywhere.

R

reeffreak

Your trigger could be the suspect they are dominant especially because he is in there now  he will run down anything new you put in , your tangs are probably not getting attacked cause there large enough and dominant enough that they just make amens

Krazykarl

Super Active Member
I don't want to assume its the trigger. I have a starfish. Head a banded star. No spikes in him and never ever had a problem like this. I've lost 3 anthias. 2 chromis... Etc. smaller fish. But the goby was large. Perhaps he has to go. How the hell do I trap him? I really love that fish.

R

reeffreak

Ya my guess would be the trigger he would eat all the small guys like chromosome and anthias

Krazykarl

Super Active Member
I've never seen the trigger even show aggression towards another fish. Hes so peaceful. Man. I really hate to see him go.

R

reeffreak

Probably doesn't show much aggression towards any other fish except the small ones and my guess is your not seeing because he eats the. ASAP

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
The trigger is a possibility but I haven't seen a blue throat act like that either. The other possibility is that the fish died in the tank and your clean up crew did their job. Cleaner wrasses are very hard to get to eat prepared food. It is a good chance it just died. Same with the goby. If your tank was clean there is a good chance there wasn't that much food for it in the sand bed.  Always when you buy new fish ask the store to feed them first.

Krazykarl

Super Active Member
Both fish ate. I wTched both way flake and the goby ate pellets and frozen. Its a mystery b

spyd

Super Active Member
There could be another pest that is doing it. I would setup a bottle trap with some mysis shrimp inside. Leave it overnight and see if you find anything in the morning.

Krazykarl

Super Active Member
I apologize for the grammar/spelling on here. My iPhone likes to assume words as I spell them quickly. I never proof read what I wrote. So I'm sorry if I sound like an uneducated chump lol.

As per the bottle trap, I did this for the crab. Only thing I caught was a snail and him. I guess another try won't hurt. But I have a feeling it's him :(

jroovers

Super Active Member
I once had an orange spotted goby once that disappeared without a trace for two months - didn't find a carpet surfer or any other trace... and suddenly, one day he reappeared as if nothing had happened. 

spyd

Super Active Member
I purchased 2 Leopard Wrasses about 2 months ago. I never saw them for a month. All of a sudden they appeared. As of yet, only the one comes out during lights on. The other one only comes out during lights out.

Victoss

spyd link said:
I purchased 2 Leopard Wrasses about 2 months ago. I never saw them for a month. All of a sudden they appeared. As of yet, only the one comes out during lights on. The other one only comes out during lights out.

Ya I'm going through the same thing with a Yasha goby, you will only ever see him at night. Hoping he will decide to start showing his face during the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.