Drilling Holes

Steve Peters

Most glass businesses can do the job but first make sure the glass is non tempered. Most tanks use tempered glass on the bottom at least and this is not drillable.

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
A lot of people (myself included), will suggest doing it yourself. I've heard of places charging $50/hole. A diamond coated bit will cost about $15, and it is really not difficult to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
A lot of people (myself included), will suggest doing it yourself. I've heard of places charging $50/hole. A diamond coated bit will cost about $15, and it is really not difficult to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Damn, I only charge $10 or trade a hole if you bring it too me. I need to up my price lol. Not really

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Josh

I have a 1 1/2in bit if you want to come to London and borrow it. I'm sure there's members closer who can help you however let me know via PM if I can help.

Tambeau1

The only thing about drilling myself that scares me is if I get chipped glass. do you guys think the best route to take is using a drill guide? I'd hate to give up on the hobby before even getting a crack at it.