dry rock rubble

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitro069

hey all, just received my 2 lbs of dryrock rubble from brs. I plan on using this for frag rocks and just wanted to check and get your opinion. does this stuff need to be cycled to use or with the small amount that would be going in (one or two piece at a time) be fine without cycling. has anyone used this before?

nitro069

thanks guys, was having a look at the rubble there and it looks pretty good. I don't have a frag tank so the rubble will blend in nice. Wayyyyyyy cheaper than the frag plugs too. :)

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
[quote author=nitro069 link=topic=4007.msg35840#msg35840 date=1358005742]
thanks guys, was having a look at the rubble there and it looks pretty good. I don't have a frag tank so the rubble will blend in nice. Wayyyyyyy cheaper than the frag plugs too. :)
[/quote

and nicer looking :)

nitro069

Brandon link said:
[quote author=nitro069 link=topic=4007.msg35840#msg35840 date=1358005742]

and nicer looking :)
[/quote]

Sure are.  just glued some gsp to one of the rocks and looks like it will turn out pretty good.

davesolo29

Super Active Member
i just break my own from peices of rock that i pulled out of my tank when i either didnt like the look of it or realized i had too much.

nitro069

davesolo29 link said:
i just break my own from peices of rock that i pulled out of my tank when i either didnt like the look of it or realized i had too much.

That's a good Idea. I have 4 buckets of fiji(I think) rock sitting in my closet just waiting to get used. Wife wants me to get rid of it but when i upgrade tanks my rock is already paid for.

chuckm

nitro069 link said:
hey all, just received my 2 lbs of dryrock rubble from brs. I plan on using this for frag rocks and just wanted to check and get your opinion. does this stuff need to be cycled to use or with the small amount that would be going in (one or two piece at a time) be fine without cycling. has anyone used this before?

Does the Dry rock rubble look like Barney Rubble? ???

Sorry I'm an idiot could not resist, the dry stuff should work great, as mentioned I just bust up pieces of live rock from one of my older systems that is dried then stored in the garage in boxes, then take a chisle and hammer to it.  Much cheaper than buying plugs/discs/tiles. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.