Ecotech Radion Gen 3 Vs G4

Discussion in 'ReefDudes' started by shiftline, Oct 9, 2017.

1. shiftline

shiftline Member Website Affiliate

Ecotech Radion Gen 3 vs G4
    Something magical happened and i Upgraded my Ecotech Marine Xr15 Gen 3's to Gen 4's
    So what better time to do a side by side comparison and share my initial thoughts on the 2 generations of lighting

2. Nonuser

Nonuser Distinguished Member

First thing, you're a brave man to have your laptop perched on the edge of the tank like that while your running wires. I would have knocked the laptop into the tank before I had the lights setup :)

I have a G3 Pro 15 so in your opinion is it worth the $$ to switch? Or wait an extra year or so for the G5's?

Also why the 4 15's? Why not 2 30's? Thanks

3. Amaroq

Amaroq New Member

Its honestly the better option if you don't mind the extra cords/plugs. You can spread each fixture out more then you could with just two 30's so you'll have less shadowing, not to mention you have more control as you could theoretically run each fixture slightly different depending on corals you had under it.

Nonuser and shiftline like this.
  4. shiftline

using multiple XR15's allows you to spread the pucks and have a more even blanket of light. If you had a deeper tank then i would suggest XR30 but for the average tank i see XR15's as the way to go! I love mine

Nonuser likes this.
  5. Matt1997

Matt1997 New Member

And I think it's a little better in case the light ever fails. Redundancy in a reef never hurts

6. shiftline

That’s a great point that I never considered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk