European Union has banned....

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
The sale of all wrasses. They won't even allow them to pass through their airports. I've already had to make changes to one of my orders and I'm sure there will be more strain. Hopefully it doesn't last long. Or they at least allow them to pass through the airports.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Oh wow, this is quite the news. I can not even find anything on it yet. Last update I heard was more corals added a few weeks ago. This is a never ending cycle of restrictions.

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Oh wow, this is quite the news. I can not even find anything on it yet. Last update I heard was more corals added a few weeks ago. This is a never ending cycle of restrictions.

Scroll down to sustainable marine poster. Different one I'm sure but there is more info in that thread.

Sasha T

Website
www.instagram.com
Bloody hell.

But from the sounds of it, the species that they MEAN to target are those farmed for food, without consideration of limited if any interaction between ornamental fish sold to hobbyists and those sold as livestock for consumption. There's also some information in there saying that the virus they are targeting becomes non-viable and incapable of reproduction in saltwater above 20 degrees Celsius. Don't know how much of that is accurate or will bear the test of time, but I feel like I can be hopeful of getting a wrasse for my system when it's ready.

Wouldn't the UK's current status having left the EU also allow suppliers to route through the UK instead of the EU? (it's a small technicality but maybe a viable one?)

Last edited: