Exact Idip Smart Photometer System

Winks

Website Affiliate
Exact iDip
Industrial Test Systems, INC
MSRP $339.99 USD
Available at:
https://sustainablemarinecanada.ca/products/sensafe-exact-idip-570-marine-starter-kit

http://bigshowfrags.com/the-exact-idip-570-marine-bundle/

Exact_iDip.jpg

This kit includes:

Standard navy blue plastic carrying case w/ Foam includes
Cleaning brush
5mL Syringe
eXact iDip® 570 Photometer
Instruction manual
25 tests of each
Calcium Hardness UH Kit (486629-K-25, Nitrate (486655-25), Total Alkalinity 570 (486680-25), Ammonia (486654), Total Hardness UH Kit (486656-K-25), Phosphate (486814-25), pH-BT (486657-25)
Free downloadable app with pre-installed tests: pH, Free Chlorine, Total Chlorine, Total Alkalinity. Additional test parameters will need to be purchased and downloaded in-app at $4.99 (US) each or as a bundle (570 Marine Bundle) for $23.99 (US)

I have been using this photometer for over 2 years now. The accuracy and ease of use have been a delight. The meter does not depend on a person guessing the colour of the reagents. It gives you a digital readout without the guesswork. If comparing to any other digital readout meters it is comparable in price and only needs one meter to do all your testing. The reagents are packaged in bundles of 25, 50 or 100 so if you do your testing twice a week a 100 would last you approximately a year at about same cost of any other reagents you would buy. All your testing history is kept on the app on your smartphone and any updates are done through the app. No need to calibrate. If you follow the included instruction you can't go wrong.

The tests that I do on a weekly basis are:

Nitrate
Nitrite
Calcium
Hardness
Phosphate
Ph
Alkalinity
Magnesium

I like how accurate and easy it is to use and believe it takes the guesswork out of testing. For an accurate and consistent test, I depend on this meter.

Nelson79

Rest in Peace 08/06/2019
What do you think of this kit accurate wise and quick to use compared to Hana and salifert or Red Sea. Those have been my go to until now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Winks

Website Affiliate
What do you think of this kit accurate wise and quick to use compared to Hana and salifert or Red Sea. Those have been my go to until now.

I believe that the accuracy is equal to or better than Salifert or the Red Sea because there is no "guessing" what the color is. With anything that you have to look at color is IMHO, too dependant on the light source, background, and the human eye. This meter takes that guesswork out of it. Compared to Hanna, I would have to argue that comparing the cost of the checker at approximately $70.00 for each test, then to do just the same tests that come with the kit (8) in total, would cost you $560.00 CAD. The Idip is approximately $500.00 CAD but can do more testing at $6.00 CAD per test.

Winks

Website Affiliate
How long does it take to complete your weekly tests all together?

I have a 75 gallon and a 110 gallon and can get both tested in approximately an hour. The nitrate test takes 10 minutes to complete the readings and the nitrite test takes 6 minutes to complete the readings. The balance of the test take less than a minute to complete.