Eye injury?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

copperkills

So I woke up this morning to discover my new Anthias seems to have injured his eye.  He appears to be still seeing well and hes still a pig.  Anyone have any experience with eye injuries? You can clearly see where the injury is and the cloudy area around it.  Im just hoping this isnt the start of the end!

C

copperkills

Hmmm it appears that the eye may have flukes...anyone ever treat a fish with flukes?

spyd

Super Active Member
The best way to treat for Flukes is hyper salinity. Fairly easy to do as you can go down quickly. Just be slow when bringing salinity back up. When you do hyperslainity, just make sure the temp and ph levels are balanced to match your tank.

C

copperkills

Has anyone used Prazipro in their DT?  Anyone know how it effects coral?

C

copperkills

I wanted to take a second to thank Bill@IA for going out if his way and meeting me after hours to grab PraziPro.  Its not often, actually Ive never experienced any sort of parasite in/on my livestock thanks to the good QT efforts from my suppliers.  I was a bit anxious when I saw my Newly acquired anthias with a fluke.  Ive dosed the Prazi as per recommended dosage.  I can already see what appears to be clear flatworms pulling away from his eye.  Heres hopes to a speedy recovery.

Thanks again Bill.

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
Nice .. good to hear:)

I think its Hypo not Hyper salinity you may have been talkign about though:)

Status
Not open for further replies.