faunna marin ultra algea x

J

jones02

Ill start by saying,, if you guys want to bash (talk sh*t) about this plz don't comment :) So I though I had diatoms bad in my tank to find out it was dinoflagellate! Everything I was reading said they been battling it for a good year + to get rid of them. Well whenn I started readinng the UK forums I came across this product (ultra algea x) not the easiest thing to come by tho. Once I got it this is what I did:

1st day
  Lights out and dosed 5ml per 100L/26G of water

2nd day
  Lights out and no dosing

3rd day
  Lights out and dose 5ml per 100L/26G of water

4th day
  2 blue+ bulbs on annd no dosing

5th day
  2 blue+ bulbs on and 5ml per 100L/26G of water

6th day
  2 blue + bulbs on and nno dosing.

At this point I did 3 doses. Skimminng wet with ALL media offline. 75% of the algea is gone! Now when using this stuff you don't do any water changes, no dosing any trace elemennts and cannot use more then 21 days. Even tho I see this stuff working so good already I'm going to dose for the full max time. I will be starting to have the rest of my lights runnning for a max of 6 hours during the day. I forgot to post a before pic but I think I put one on another section or have onne onn my phonne and ill post a pic.

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
Let us know your progress:) people around here have had success I think with peroxide or something.  Wonder if its related;). Good luck . Dino's are terrible

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
Thanks for the info jones!! May be very helpful to a lot of people.
What will interest me and others I'm sure will be the long term results.....please keep us posted!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

J

jones02

I heard of ppl dosing peroxide for months and nothing happening so I didn't wannt to waste my time with that. Annd darryl I have no clue what's in it. Fauna marin stuff is in germenn so I have no idea lol. Only reason I used it was from researching or I never would have tryd it.

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Dinos are PIA, but if you have the patience, they do go away, it just takes a long time. I know some have used peroxide with success.
When I had dinos, they lasted about 4-6 months until they finally went away. I didnt dose or treat with anything, just reduced lighting periods and blew off rock, etc.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I had them on and off for at least 6 months, maybe more.  10ml of peroxide per day didn't touch it.

It went away completely when I changed my lighting.  However, it always seemed to show up when I changed or messed with my gfo. I think there is a connection to gfo and dinos.

Boga

Just wanted to share my experience with Algae X.

The main purpose was to remove hair algae.

Dosed nine (9) treatments for 18 days then stopped.

Results:
1. After about 3 treatments water became more clear.
2. After about 6 treatments bubble algae started to disintegrate. Hair algae started to become yellowish and it was easier in removing. Roots were weak. Tooth brush and manual removal like crazy.
3. After 9 treatments I was able to remove the majority of the hair algae, but there were visible remainings on the rock.
4. Two weeks after treatment is done, hair algae started to grow again, not at the same speed. Hope I am doing a better job with the nutrient import/export. Can't wait to fire-up the new skimmer.
5. Did not notice any obvious negative effects on corals or fish. Possible, they suffered more from the reduced light cycle.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Hair algae can be dealt with, bubble algae on the other hand is near impossible to get rid of. If this product keeps your bubble algae away...then it is pure gold.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 2

Boga

I did not have too many bubble algae to start with. Maybe 10-15 bubbles at max. So far so good. No signs of them. I also understand that this test may not be so conclusive.

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
I got a one spot foxface and it loves bubble algae.....I had a lot in my tank and cleared it up big time.....now it seems to be getting finicky on eating the remaining Caulerpa.....

Boga

Here is the deal folks. I used only one fifth of my bottle. If anyone of you wants to test it (at your own risk), I can give it to you. No charge. After you use it, you return it to me. Only one person for one tank. The first one interested and posting here gets it.