First Bite Soft Pellets

zoomster

Ok first off, I was supposed to do this a while ago and forgot until I saw unibobs post in Bean Bag Frags. Sorry @unibob !

I was given a jar to test on my reef and my Fowlr tank and the fish really seem to enjoy it! Only my 2 smaller fish - basslet and small clown - seem to have a problem with it due to the size, ( 2.5mm ) but I believe a smaller size is available. However they still pick at the pellets that hit the substrate until they have devoured them. The fish seem to eat a bit more of these and although I am not sure exactly why maybe Unibob can explain why but, I figure it is either due to the taste ( they even smell stronger and fresher that hard pellets ) or, the fact that they are easier to digest.
Please note: I have NOT tried any myself.

Thanks again for the tester unibob!

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
European aquarium foods are big on a cold compress manufacturing practice where they don't "bake" the nutrition out of their products. This is part of the reason why the smell is more potent then a food from NLS or Omega.

If there is someone who has an automation auto feeder that would be interested in testing the product in their auto feeder please send me a PM.

It is a new product for me, and there is no better people to test it then you guys.

Thanks again for the review zoomster!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
I was reading up on the dry vs frozen and I guess the dry pellets like these are more nutritious and you can feed less then frozen. All around better food source, if you can get the fish to eat em