Flame Tip

Kjay

Parameters
Calcium 500
Kh 8.6
Alk 3.08
Temp 77
Sg 1.025

Nem has been doing well all along I noticed few weeks back he stopped inflating like he was and more long shape foot so I figure may be splitting.

Since then his mouth has gaped open and then closes open then closes for hours at a time over last 4 days. Colour of good on Nem. I shut lights mouth seems to close and he partly inflates.

Last week
Anyone have thoughts on this at all my other Nem in tank is doing just fine. Only thing changed I added a power head flow is stronger not directed at him he just sways
2fd85d736b23f31e4f2fea2655d01fc9.jpg

This week
Mouth size of a dime
31ee2b4ed5341b8277c0b8e9f6d2e75d.jpg

Kjay

Temp was 79 I dropped a hair thinking he wasn't liking it Appreciate the reply food for sure on it Thanks

heath

Distinguished Member
not sure if this help but, mine was doing that a couple of weeks ago and frankly I was nervous that he was on his way out and looking kind of crappy and low and behold, I found another one at the back of the tank it split and its almost the same size of the mother... everyone seems back to normal now,,,good luck...

Skim

I was also going to post what heath said, but forgot. It could be getting ready to split. The only other thing I can think off would be water being too clean, as Nitrate and Phos. they do like some.

Kjay

I thought may be splitting also it got very oblong so will see. I just bought a beautiful purple and yellow tip that was
@chuckm

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Nems have a mind of their own. I know when mine split it appeared to be trying to stretch out a few days then stayed closed almost a week ( I thought it was on its way out) but long and behold after about a week he was open again and I had a baby that is now with zoomster

Kjay

Split to save himself and is helping I think when I got him they injured foot he did great first month my other nems are perfect

Last edited: