FORUM DECISION

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
So we have been using this forum for a couple weeks now and I have heard a number of concerns and complaints about MyBB forum. So I have been looking into some of the paid commercial platforms that are available and this one seems to be a much more modern setup and administrative stuff is supposed to be a breeze. It has a very strong community behind it and a lot of FREE addons, key word is free.

So for anyone who cares at all about what direction we go, please go the address and poke around. Give it a try and see if you like it. If you do not speak up then you are along for the ride:) its kind of like not voting and letting the liberals win.

http://www.thefragtank.ca/community

After a while we can choose to stay here... go back to SMF.. or move forward into XenForo.

I am personally leaning towards the XenForo platform

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I like this new one much better. Closer to smf which I guess I'm just totally accustomed to. This one does a better job of highlighting new activity, and likely a lot of the things I was missing from the smf format :)

One suggestion, on the main forum page, perhaps moving "general reef discussion" way up near or at the top, since that's where most people and all newbs might want to go. Just a suggestion :)

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
I like this forum, easy to adjust to and quick.
I would like it if i could attach as many pics via tapatalk as id like as photo bucket is a PITA

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
whats the limit you are getting from tapatalk? I will see if it s setting I can change. Technically you are hosting on taptalks servers so I don't see an issue with no limit

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
I like this forum, easy to adjust to and quick.
I would like it if i could attach as many pics via tapatalk as id like as photo bucket is a PITA

Pay the $2 and let tapatalk host photos

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk