Frag Growth Over 7-8 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bill@IA

Here are 4 Before and After collages taken of 4 frags growing at Incredible Aquarium.

All photos were taken with the same camera under the same lighting. It's always nice to see the progress of the coral we keep. Notice the colour actually getting better as the colony grew??

Meteor Shower
Image1.jpg

Tyree Rainbow Stylo
Image2.jpg

Lime in theSky Acropora
Image3.jpg

Birdsnest
Image.jpg

Hoping others will share their success.....
I look forward to seeing your before and after progress shots.

:)

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
Very nice progression shots Bill.  I wish I did pics of all my corals like this.....I have some though.

I think I mentioned this before Bill but that meteor shower would have taken off a lot faster with a nice flat attached surface.  I usually use epoxy to make sure the plug is touching the rock in 360degrees......that way it can grow down and grow onto the rock in all directions.  Also helps to limit the 90degree bend off the plug onto the rock by building a smother transition.  These are just metods for those of us with no patience.

B

Bill@IA

Darryl_V link said:
Very nice progression shots Bill.  I wish I did pics of all my corals like this.....I have some though.

I think I mentioned this before Bill but that meteor shower would have taken off a lot faster with a nice flat attached surface.  I usually use epoxy to make sure the plug is touching the rock in 360degrees......that way it can grow down and grow onto the rock in all directions.  Also helps to limit the 90degree bend off the plug onto the rock by building a smother transition.  These are just metods for those of us with no patience.

Thank you.

Yes I remember that conversation..and thank you for that. I paid closer attention to the other frags I have set up since then, using epoxy putty along with glue, where before I never used the putty. I left this particular Meteor Shower alone to see how long it would take to bridge the gap. :)  (Determined little guy must have really missed his bottle.....or was it a baby jar?? )

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
Ya...mines on a baby food jar in the display.  They can be pretty aggressive so it has no whereto grow being on the sand. Also forgot to mention that giving the frag an even surface to grow is only important for encrusting corals.

B

Bill@IA

Thank you.

The growth occurred over 7 - 8 months.

Here is another...
Image5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.