Frag Plugs...

J_T

Website Affiliate
Website
www.jtcustomacrylics.com
Okay, I know that there are all sorts of plugs available. Working on a frag rack right now, and want to get the spot for the plug just right! I could guess, but too big they fall out easily, too small, and well, aint gunna work.

So, what is the diameter I need to accommodate all plugs!

Derek Khan

Any bigger than that would be too large for the smaller plugs.. dont think you can satisfy every plug.. maybe multiple sizes in one rack then

Reactions: J_T

J_T

Website Affiliate
Website
www.jtcustomacrylics.com
Dont know but standard egggrate squares seem to be perfect..

Put me on the list for the first prototype.. i need something better than my eggcrate glued to a mag float :D

Designing a standing model for the frag sellers. Gunna look pretty sweet. Just working out a few more "details" to make it expandable. And possibly "portable"

Derek Khan

Nice look forward to seeing it. Theres definitely a market for a good magnet held rack as well.. im looking right now and theres only one or two out that really fit the bill functionally and asthetically.

J_T

Website Affiliate
Website
www.jtcustomacrylics.com
Nice look forward to seeing it. Theres definitely a market for a good magnet held rack as well.. im looking right now and theres only one or two out that really fit the bill functionally and asthetically.

Its on the list. Magnets aren't cheap (and the ones that are... well, their cheap!) And they are not easy to make "nice" when you stack them up to suit a 3/4" glass aquarium. Once I Have one dialed in on my tank, that I think I can sell, you will know :)

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
The problem with most frag racks is they are of one height and when I have frags I would like to adjust the high to acclimate them. So to begin a couple inches off the bottom then after a week or so then up a few inches and so forth.
Im thinking a frag rack on like a strip on the inside to hang on the tank and then to be able to pull it up without having to take the rack out or get your hands wet.

So imagine a ruler in the tank and the rack on the ruler and you can pull the ruler up and then a screw maybe at the top to tighten down to have a new height or holes in the center of the ruler and a peg of acrylic to slip in the top to adjust

Reactions: J_T

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
Eggcrate is to loose it my opinion, if you have bigger frags and lots of flow they still blow over.
Something like a flexible insert with an X so you can have it grab the different size plugs

Like a quarter size circle of rubbery plastic you can push the frag stem into

How about a sponge with crosses cut into it and you just push the frags into the sponge?

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
Something like a flexible insert with an X so you can have it grab the different size plugs

Like a quarter size circle of rubbery plastic you can push the frag stem into

How about a sponge with crosses cut into it and you just push the frags into the sponge?
I like it...we use expanded silicone foam sheets (food grade and impervious to normal chemicals) at work...a sheet of that sandwiched between two sheets of acrylic...x's cut in the silicone at each hole location....the supreme high end frag rack!!!