Frag Swap Hamilton & District Aquarium Society Fall Auction

G

GinaReef

Frag Swap at Hamilton & District Aquarium Society Fall Auction
September 21 2013 at the
Royal Canadian Legion, Branch 551 at
79 Hamilton Street N, Waterdown.

This year the Hamilton & District Aquarium Society Fall Auction will feature a Coral Frag Swap modelled after KWAS's Oktoberfish Frag Swap. It works like this, a table with lighting will be available in the auction room. Each person who brings a frag will take home a frag. If a person brings 3 frags, he/she will take home 3 frags and so on. Each person may bring as many different types of coral as he\she wishes but should limit the number of each type to 3 pieces. Organizers will check each the quality of each frag to ensure fairness. Choices will be selected according to a lottery system, 1 frag = 1 ticket. Tickets will be drawn starting at 1:30 pm. Frags should be entered by 1:00 pm or earlier to allow for best display. Frags should be in open topped containers, (clear if possible) and labeled with at least the common name.

We are hoping for some donations from local dealers to be raffled off.
Any marine animals, fish or plants placed in the auction will be auctioned between 1:00 pm and 1:30 pm.

edit;  The H&DAS Auction starts at 10:00 with the doors open at 08:00.  08:00-09:30 is registration for the general auction.  I will try to get a later registration time for marine items.  The frag swap will happen at 1:30 with all pieces there by 1:00.  any marine items for auction will happen between 1:00 and 1:30 and then the swap.
The location is the Royal Canadian Legion, 79 Hamilton Street N, Waterdown

Poseidon

Distinguished Member

Any more info? Time, date, exact location, cost etc

Reef Hero

Super Active Member

You had me at frag swap........

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

G

GinaReef

Re: Frag Swap Hamilton & District Aquarium Society Fall Auction

Poseidon link said:
Any more info? Time, date, exact location, cost etc
There is no additional cost.
If you wish to bid in the Auction there is no cost, but it is a cash auction with payment due at immediately on purchase.  There is no additional cost to register for the auction. 
People attending the frag swap only don`t have to register for the auction, just the frag swap.

The club (Hamilton & District Aquarium Society) will be providing cash lunch counter with sandwiches, chili, dogs pop and coffee.

The auction always has equipment, pumps, tanks, books, items of all types that can be of use to marine aquariums, as well as freshwater fish and plants.

If this marine portion of the auction is successful  we will be able to expand it to include other marine animals and plants in future years.
There is an ATM in the lobby of the Legion.

G

GinaReef

Frag Swap Hamilton & District Aquarium Society Fall Auction September 21

I just want to remind everyone about the Frag Swap at the H&DAS Fall Auction
GinaReef link said:
September 21 2013 at the

This year the Hamilton & District Aquarium Society Fall Auction will feature a Coral Frag Swap modelled after KWAS's Oktoberfish Frag Swap. It works like this, a table with lighting will be available in the auction room. Each person who brings a frag will take home a frag. If a person brings 3 frags, he/she will take home 3 frags and so on. Each person may bring as many different types of coral as he\she wishes but should limit the number of each type to 3 pieces. Organizers will check each the quality of each frag to ensure fairness. Choices will be selected according to a lottery system, 1 frag = 1 ticket. Tickets will be drawn starting at 1:30 pm. Frags should be entered by 1:00 pm or earlier to allow for best display. Frags should be in open topped containers, (clear if possible) and labeled with at least the common name.

Any marine animals, fish or plants placed in the auction will be auctioned between 1:00 pm and 1:30 pm.

edit;  The H&DAS Auction starts at 10:00 with the doors open at 08:00.  08:00-09:30 is registration for the general auction.  I will try to get a later registration time for marine items.  The frag swap will happen at 1:30 with all pieces there by 1:00.  any marine items for auction will happen between 1:00 and 1:30 and then the swap.

sunnykita

Super Active Member
these auctions are a great place for both freshwater livestock and equipment, there are always great deals to be picked up. I remember the legion location, easy to get to. We used to go regularly years ago for the C.A.O.A.C. meetings. Lots of other hobbyists to meet too

G

GinaReef

I want to make sure everyone has this event marked on their calendars
GinaReef link said:
September 21 2013 at the

There is no additional cost.
If you wish to bid in the Auction there is no cost, but it is a cash auction with payment due at immediately on purchase.  There is no additional cost to register for the auction.
People attending the frag swap only don`t have to register for the auction, just the frag swap.

The club (Hamilton & District Aquarium Society) will be providing cash lunch counter with sandwiches, chili, dogs pop and coffee.

The auction always has equipment, pumps, tanks, books, items of all types that can be of use to marine aquariums, as well as freshwater fish and plants.

If this marine portion of the auction is successful  we will be able to expand it to include other marine animals and plants in future years.
There is an ATM in the lobby of the Legion.

G

GinaReef

Re: Frag Swap, 21 September- Hamilton & District Aquarium Society Fall Auction

I'm still looking for sponsor donations to add to the Swap raffle.
I already have a $60 gift certificate from a Hamilton sponsor.  Ocean Abyss Aquatics, it and any other donations will be raffled off as part of the Frag Swap.
All raffle items will be limited to participants of the frag Swap.

Contact me at  hayward351@gmail.com
will any questions or offers for donations to the raffle.

G

GinaReef

This Swap is just a week away.please come out and show support for the marine side of the hobby.  I have acquired donations from Ocean Abyss Aquatics and from Mops to be added to the Swap.  All participants will be eligible.

September 21 2013 at the

The H&DAS Auction starts at 10:00 with the doors open at 08:00.  08:00-09:30 is registration for the general auction.  I will try to get a later registration time for marine items.  The frag swap will happen at 1:30 with all pieces there by 1:00.  any marine items for auction will happen between 1:00 and 1:30 and then the swap.

G

GinaReef

Frag Swap Tomorrow Hamilton & District Aquarium Society Fall Auction

Hey guys,
This swap is Tommorow! starting around 1:00
come out and support the Marine side of the hobby.
I have had a $60 donation from Ocean Abyss Aquatics and  Reef Roids from MOPS and a $20 certificate from BeanBagFrags.com to be added to the Swap and all partipants will be eligible.

Hamilton & District Aquarium Society Fall Auction September 21 2013 at the Royal Canadian Legion branch 551 at 79 Hamilton Street N, Waterdown.

This year the Hamilton & District Aquarium Society Fall Auction will feature a Coral Frag Swap , a table with lighting will be available in the auction room.  Tickets will be drawn starting at 1:30 pm. Frags should be entered by 1:00 pm or earlier to allow for best display.