Frag Swap Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
Darryl_V link said:
Why does it need an overflow?  I might just silicone some glass together or get a shallow plastic tote.

I imagine you want the waters surface pretty smooth and a good light.

It doesn't need an overflow......it's completely up to the vendor. An overflow will allow options that others don't but of course is more work and such.....for anyone bringing a small amount of frags, even 30 or so, then I would think all that is really needed is a small tank used for viewing with a light and heater.....you could even just stir up the water a bit now and again and not even require a pump for circulation......
FYI JF at the lansing swap had a very basic setup and his lighting was very low and since all his frags were small it was difficult to tell exactly what each was or how it was looking.....however, everyone knows JF has high quality aquacultured specimens so it was not as necessary for him to hype up his stuff. Overflow is not necessary..... But each vendor and even hobbyist has a diff approach....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

davesolo29

Super Active Member
Poseidon link said:
[quote author=davesolo29 link=topic=4503.msg42488#msg42488 date=1361928173]
[quote author=Poseidon link=topic=4503.msg42397#msg42397 date=1361891580]
im tearing down a 40g breeder and gonna try cut it up and make a 30\"x 9\"x 18\" frag tank :p
if not then i might just use a 'ghetto style '  tote :D

hmmm... i saw your glass cutting abilities.  I would leave it to someone else buddy.  :?
[/quote]

hey my fish strap turned out just fine, no reason i shouldnt attempt this...  :p

I dont even want to know what a "fish strap" is.

back to the subject tho.  Rick, you never answered me.  Pump included for that price?
[/quote]

ricklalonde

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Ya sorry guys. I'm still waiting to hear back from the acrylic guy. I was hoping to get started on this project, this week. Once I get an out the door price, I'll start contacting people that said they were interested.

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
Salty Cracker link said:
I think the overflow is good just to keep the hardware out of the main tank area, you can always have a killswitch to stop the pump for easy viewing :)

Anyone know where to get the glue is strong enough for this?  Rick said DTI did his tank, and it's obviously good stuff... I'll shoot him a pm.

I have a guy that runs a company that does custom plastic fabrication, but I worry getting stuff cut would be a fortune for a small run.

DTI was going to give me some of his methylene chloride supply when I was down at his place...then harleymike showed up etc...etc...and I forgot when I left.  :?

davesolo29

Super Active Member
weld on is pretty easy to get online.
have plenty of time.

seems to me this thread is way off topic.  tanks we are considering getting/building has nothing to do with the ones Rick is offering to make/sell.

Im pretty interested.  Would need to know a concrete price and when it would need to be paid by.  Playing catch up on some bills now but will have plenty available by the time the swap comes around.  thank god its in June and not March.

Status
Not open for further replies.