Frag tank project

Giglio324

Finally am starting to see the need for a frag tank. So I'm off on the right foot. I am testing a cone skimmer I bought to see if I wanna upgrade the skimmer on my DT. Anyway I hope to have water in this baby by the end of next week. All I need for now is a return pump and have to build a stand
Specs: 30 gal cube 24x24x12
Swc 120 cone protein skimmer
15 gal sump
Return pump tbd
100 watt heater
4 bulb t-5 upgrade to led's eventually
image_zps4d4cd704.jpg

Giglio324

Stand is complete sump is almost complete. Did a test fit with an extra tank of the same size I had. Right now just waiting on some plumbing parts from brs and then get a return pump and this is ready to go
image_zpse1b22554.jpg

image_zps25880947.jpg

Might have copied my stand design from crj. Props to him

Giglio324

Ready for water. Gotta do a water change on my DT this weekend and I can use that water to help minimize the cycle that's gonna happen.

C

Camps23

Nice setup ? Where did you pick up the SWC 120 ? Which pump is it running ?

Giglio324

got the SWC120 from big als utilized the price match thing with the actual swc site. so i saved myself a little bit lol. It is equipped with an Atman 1100 Pump, yet to be seen how it performs hopefully dont have to wait very much longer

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor
Giglio324 link said:
got the SWC120 from big als utilized the price match thing with the actual swc site. so i saved myself a little bit lol. It is equipped with an Atman 1100 Pump, yet to be seen how it performs hopefully dont have to wait very much longer
my swc 150  with a attman pump has been goin strong will be 2 yrs this summer

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Pump still working?  :) ...or...:(

Packed to the teets with frags yet?

Giglio324

Close has water in it tho! Wahooo. All water that's been in well established tank. Got. Mix about 15G and she'll be running that's tomorrow nights project. Just have a powerhead and heater in it for now