FROM 40 TO 90 in a weekend

phatpaco

I have been scared for about a year.....Finally I did it this past weekend and it didn't hurt like I thought it would! ;)

I moved from my 40 to my 90 with the help of my buddy Derek...Who has been bugging me for a LONG TIME to get er dun! Thanks Derek. And thanks to Blob for his build thread/advice it made things go sooo smooth...Other than not having enough water made up! Got it done with 10 minutes to get to work....

The 40.....

It has been running my reef for the last 15yrs....Saltwater+Metal Stand= Rusting to the point of breaking!
The wife hated the tank from day one....Only cause I love it more than her! Just kidding honey!

The 90....
The wife told me to buy a NEW tank! When does that ever happen? So before she changed her mind I ordered a 90 with overflow from BigALs in London...( Had a gift card for $50) everything was coming together...I found a pretty stand and 65 gallon on kijiji in London...Got rid of the 65 and am using the stand/canopy with my new 90...The wife loves the look of the new set up! It is no longer an "eyesore" in the house....I still have to finish or restart my rockscaping but here it is so far.....

Oh yeah.... The Biocube is "my 7 yr old daughters tank" and now houses my bunch of zoas, palys, chalice, acans etc....It was supposed to be temporary....but now i think she can "have" the zoa/paly's cuz they look so cool together! Anyway that housed quite a few of my corals and the others went in the sump then to the 90 when there was enough water... 
Anyway here are some pics of how things went.....

Thanks for the kind words! I am actually embarrassed to show the tank...cuz when you look at others all around the forum and then look at my own...I wanna cry and shut it down! LOL!
Update with pictures so you can actually see something sort of. Sump/Garage Sale Skimmer/bios in a phosban/Kamoer Doser/DIY LED (not in use currently)Some T5's/fish/corals= happy fat guy! ...
Wish I knew how to arrange the pics like everyone else does...Need to check under tutorials!

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
looks really cool..!
ive always loved 90 gallons... really nice balance of length, width and height... and because a 90g was the first tank i ever had :)