hamme coral

Status
Not open for further replies.

harleymike

Super Active Member
I had a piced with multiple hammer coral heads on it. I fragged into two smaller chunks a couple days ago.
They are in seperate tanks now. But neither one is opening up. Is this normal, or is maybe something going on.
tanks
Mike

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
Possibly they need some time to get used to a new tank and to being cut up.  Is the lighting the same in the new tank?  I've heard frags should be at the sae lighting level that they were in the old tank.

davesolo29

Super Active Member
are they still fleshy?

did you put the one peice back in your tank in the same place it was?  try to give them both similar light and water flow as they had prior to cutting them.

i would put both back into the original tank until fully healed.  a move on a newly cut frag is often very hard on it.  not only is it trying to heal, but now it has to adjust to possible different water parameters, lighting, flow etc.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
If the part you cut was not hard like a skeleton and was pink or pinkish colour...it might just take a bit more time to open.
+1 to what dave said. However I have never had a problem swapping new cut frags from one tank to another.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
harleymike link said:
The cut was made at a hard skeleton part. I guese maybe they just need time.
i moved the one in the new tank too the bottom of the tank.

ya there shouldnt be an issue if you cut it down there on the skeleton part.. just give it a day or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.