Has Any1 Retro PWM for Apex?

Marz

Hey all!
Was wondering if anyone has attempted and/or completed a retro of an existing LED light that is PWM to work with an Apex controller? I have checked out StevesLEDs as well as BoostLED but they don't have any documentation as to how this might be done. If I am SOL that's fine, but if someone has any ideas as to how to do this OR can direct me to some sites with information that would be great.

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
You can try scanning through this thread.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2283594&highlight=other+controllers

Victoss

Marz

I will have to figure out how to use this thing with my lights. Maybe what I will do is see if I can buy a used one that is exactly the same as mine so that I can tinker with it.

reefgeek

Marz,
for what it's worth the storm x is a pretty awesome option for a pwm controller with up to 16 independent channels. I was at one point considering trying to run pwm through my apex but it gets to be costly trying to use adapters for large builds with 16 channels. You may want to look into this, keep an eye on my build thread as I hope to have pics up shortly of my use of the storm x on my diy led build. I will say though that if this is not a DIY build you would likely be looking at replacing all of the drivers on the unit to pwm compatible ones, its possible but will depend on how everything is wired up, may be more trouble than it is worth.