Having An Affair...

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Hard to keep it secret much longer. Took her out for a day in the country again this week, just can't get over how much we have in common (both of us are a bit fiery and outspoken), and how well we work together. Some people might not understand though, because she's black...people can be so racist and cruel sometimes, but I refuse to stop seeing her! Oh and as a bonus, her and I feel EXACTLY the same about the SJW/liberal/antifa bullsh*t that has taken over our society lately (and luckily is finally losing a lot of steam!). She's just so perfect! (Only complaint I have is that she eats like a bloody pig, it costs a literal fortune to feed her when we're out). Oh. I should probably post a pic of my baby. Her name is Sugar (she's Italian).

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 155

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Yup, had a crappy turkey-made mag fed semi auto shotgun, it had lots of quirks and questionable build quality. Ended up trading that plus $200 for an unfired M2, which in my opinion is the deal of the century. I even checked it with the rcmp database in case it was stolen (it's not). It has a small learning curve, but after that, it's gravy. I've wanted one for probably 20 years, just never could fork out that much money for one.

Gill

If your just getting into the sport you should check out the eastElgin. They have a really nice club with different ranges, and every month from October to April they have fun shoots for meat prizes. They also have open houses and stuff throughout the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
If your just getting into the sport you should check out the east Elgin sportsman association. They have a really nice club with different ranges, and every month from October to April they have fun shoots for meat prizes. They also have open houses and stuff throughout the year.

Lol, I've been a member out there for years. It's an absolute shitshow compared to what it used to be. Current president ran off 4-500 members last year due to mismanagement, and they are currently hunting anyone who speaks out against the board. I used to love the club, but once the new one in London opens, I highly doubt I will renew myself if the current admin isn't removed.

(heh and no not new, been a gun nut since the late 70's when I was a kid)

Gill

Lol, I've been a member out there for years. It's an absolute shitshow compared to what it used to be. Current president ran off 4-500 members last year due to mismanagement, and they are currently hunting anyone who speaks out against the board. I used to love the club, but once the new one in London opens, I highly doubt I will renew myself if the current admin isn't removed.

(heh and no not new, been a gun nut since the late 70's when I was a kid)

Oh I had no idea it went downhill. I haven't been out for a meat shoot in a year and a half. A group of us from our club us to travel from club to club chasing meat shoots lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
The meat shoot was run by some of the good ole boys, no idea what state it's in now, haven't heard anything bad so I assume the same core people are still doing it.

Basically the new president has let the CFO come in and dictate everything that's done at the club. He let the club fail a scheduled inspection (to teach the membership a lesson), which resulted in the club being basically shut for 5 months, and the $$$ installation of 29 high-def cameras, one of which is pointing into a bathroom. Most recently they shut down our 85 meter range, and cut it down to 50, and erected literally the most insanely-high berm for it ever (and of course it has been closed for more than a month and counting). Police have been called on members leaving the range for safety violations (so far all false), and there is definitely questions swirling about the club's ability to stay afloat due to the loss of membership (and the expected exodus if a new club opens).

It was one of the nicest clubs around not too long ago. Hopefully will be again :(

Josh

i was a member of wellington street sports club - WSSC (dorcester club) they are fairly small. The guy i used to go with passed away last winter so i didnt renew. Not the same without him. Barely touch guns since. They do monthly trap shoots which is usually a lot of fun.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
i was a member of wellington street sports club - WSSC (dorcester club) they are fairly small. The guy i used to go with passed away last winter so i didnt renew. Not the same without him. Barely touch guns since. They do monthly trap shoots which is usually a lot of fun.

I've been shooting since I was a kid, have never hunted and only tried skeet once, yet the doc figured the lifetime of shotgun rounds has made mincemeat of my shoulder, he said "if you had to guess, how many shotgun rounds have you fired?" I had to think, but it's in the 10s of thousands. I buy the bulk cases of rounds whenever they come up (wither trap, slug, 00 buck, etc). 250 rounds lasts a couple of months, I just love to shoot the crap out of nothing with the shotty. Most of my stuff where I actually aim is either .308 long range, or indoor pistol stuff, but man there's just something about a shotgun for draining stress out of me lol. This new benelli is the nicest shotgun I've ever shot, it just works. I put a mega choke in it recently, and it makes even trap shot group like 00 buck on targets. Only problem is if I put a slug through it, I'll blow myself up :)

I've always been curious about the smaller clubs, but I have assumed they were pretty much just trap clubs, so 90% of my collection would just sit and rust! :)

Josh

I wasnt the most involved member i considered my membership kind of a donation cause they do alot of charity work for the boys and girls clubs. They have a small range in the basement for small rifles. Basically have a trap house / range. Archery range, and a trout/bass farm out back for kids etc.

Im like you however ive shot guns plenty of times ive never hunted. Not big on that side of the hobby.