Hello Everyone

Bece13

Just registered (thanks Kevin) and still trying to find my way around the forum.
Looks like a nice community.
A bit about myself... I live in Kitchener and currently I have a 110 gal tank with a 60 gal sump. After a disaster last year, I'm trying to get slowly back into this hobby. Short story, being out of the country on vacation, one of my overflow boxes leaked and my friend who was taking care of the tank added just RO water. My clam, my fishes (except a Yellow Tang) and all my SPS corals died. LPS survived. When I came home and saw the tragedy, I gave up. Just cleaned the tank a bit and left it running by itself for over a year. No skimmer, no feeding, no cleaning, no interest, no care at all. About 2 months ago, being amazed about how the tank survived by itself I decided to clean it and bring it back to it's glory. The water parameters are now stable and already added some fishes and few SPS frags. I'm sure you will hear from me asking for SPS frags in the future.
I'm looking forward to meet new reefers in my area.

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
You welcome, although there is a few forum around. I spend most of my time here on TFT, it more local. By local I mean you'll have opportunities to meet, buy, sell and exchange experience with fellow hobbyists in the surrounding area. It nice, I will just call this home :)

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Vacations are the death of us lol. All I can say is Apex Rules :D. Welcome to the site. We are not like all other sites out there, as you may see. Looking forward to seeing some pics.

Bece13

Some pictures...

DSC_3395.jpg DSC_3404.jpg DSC_3396.jpg DSC_3403.jpg

Bece13

Oh NO! I'm taking vacation to North Carolina in March. I've been worried about leaving my tank in the hands of someone else. You guys aren't much encouragement. lol.

Oh, and welcome Bece

Thanks.

You can get a controller if you don't have one yet and write down really clear instructions for the babysitter.

I'm leaving in 2 weeks, but I'll have my daughter feeding the fish. I'll be checking the parameters of my tank every day from my tablet or computer over the internet (ReefAngel controller).

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
yes kw region is growing on this site fast the past couple months we were few and far between now getting quite the numbers..... sure will make trading alot easier and able to spread our colonies to others in case of those dreadful crashes ;) looking forward to your future posts

Bece13

This is a work in progress tank as well as testing some ideas on how to make it as simple and as maintenance free as possible. I tried all kind of cool, fancy, cheap and promising things in the past but not practical - spent more time on maintenance (saltwater bug going away) then on enjoying the view (saltwater bug coming back) :). I learned a lot from my past mistakes and cutting corners. I like DIY projects, especially when you and up with a cheaper and better product or if you cannot find the one that fits exactly your needs. On the other side I'm not counting the time I spent on DIY projects. Lately, I don't have a lot of free time so I'm trying to find a balance between doing it myself or paying some that can do it as I want.
So, in my "big schema", this tank will be a frag tank. I'm planing a 200+ gal SPS dominated Display Tank next year (already have the tank). Just waiting to see were I'm going to put it based on doing an addition/renovation to our house or not. At that time I might start a Build thread. In the meantime I'm collecting SPS frags for the future tank and battling a mild flatworm (planaria) infestation. Not bothering anything but want to get rid of it. By the way, anyone knows where to get Levasol or Levamisol? Otherwise I will get Flatworm Exit and a six line wrasse (my green spotted dragonet does not eat any).

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

Patience is a virtue... that I don't always have... hmmm... ;)

Last edited: