Hello From Barrie

Platypus

Hey Everyone!

Finally after 12 years of having a 120 gallon tank, and 75 gallon refugium sitting in the wings, I will be making the leap from fresh water to marine!

Anyone else from the Barrie area?

Winks

Website Affiliate
Welcome to the salty side. You have joined a great forum. If you have any questions feel free to ask. You have reached a great bank of knowledge.

Platypus

Wow! Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I looked into another local group, but couldn't get a response. I will certainly take you up on the knowledge, and experience, Winks and MrHermit85. I just hope I can offer up some contributions as well. Matt1997, and koopie1 we're almost close enough to be neighbors. :)
My next step is getting the stand built, and planning the sections in the refugium, since I removed the originals because it was set up with bioballs.
I'll keep you posted. Thanks again everyone!

Platypus

well how are things going get your stand all built.

Well @koopie1, I started making my plans, and I started a thread as well under members tanks asking for input on a couple of questions. So between the "honey do list", and altering the design, it is still in the paper stage. The cruise director has given me a stand completion date of the end of February. I hope to start building soon.

koopie1

I just built on last month for my new 80 gallon tank, 48long by 24wide cost me about 70 bucks and about 2hours to make. I can text you a picture of it if you send me a text number.

Platypus

I just built on last month for my new 80 gallon tank, 48long by 24wide cost me about 70 bucks and about 2hours to make. I can text you a picture of it if you send me a text number.

Awesome. What was your height @koopie1, and are you having a refugium? Better yet, I was told that the members here love pictures!! If you post the picture either here, or on my thank build post, it may help some other members. That's what I did. I looked at other member's builds, and it helped allot with different ways, and ideas to build it.

I presume you used wood for your stand?

koopie1

I built my stand 36" tall so it is nice and tall so you do not have to bend over to look into it. I do not know how to post pictures on here.