Hello From London

reeflover

Hi everyone, this is Paul from London and I am glad I found this website.
We started a 40g reef tank at the beginning of this year:
setup1.jpg

The only filtration we have is a ReefOctopus BH1000 skimmer and the live rock and sand.
We put 2x Koralia 425gph pumps, a 200W Aqueon heater, 300W MarsAqua LED.
The only inhabitants so far are:
-1 ocellaris clownfish
-1 red hermit crab that had one pincer and he molted twice in the past 1.5 months and he grew both pincers...
-1 Orange Linkia sea star that we adore, and we even got to made a feeding schedule for it, she likes a mix of veggies and brine shrimps.
-3x Mexican Turbo snails
-2 nassarius snails
-1 aussie can (4 heads colony)
-1 zoa colony
This is pretty much it, we are looking forward on adding fish and corals and turn this tank into a nice small reef.

MrHermit85

Hello!!! Great to see the London saltwater scene is growing! That's a great looking setup you have there! I am sure we will see you at fragfest!

reeflover

Thank you MrHermit, we would be glad to participate but I have nothing to swap... except a small zoa colony I can share, we just started and I don't know what the participation terms and conditions are... I would LOVE to stay in touch and be part of London/Ontario reef scene as I don't know anyone except Bill from Incredible Aquarium so far and he was a great help for me, then Big Al store and today I plan to visit Sealife Central with fam and kids...
Everywhere I go people are nice and friendly but I would like to know more places where you can see the corals live not just price lists to order... and also make friends in the hobby.

reeflover

Hello!!! Great to see the London saltwater scene is growing! That's a great looking setup you have there! I am sure we will see you at fragfest!
Wow! I just saw the Fragfest page, I'll be there!!! This coming Sat sounds awesome... now where is my agenda to cancel all important real life events and weekend projects I have scheduled?

heath

Distinguished Member
welcome to tft.. yes, frag fest is a must considering how close you are..this is the BEST and most friendly site that you will ever find.. Love how you hung your lights..

reeflover

welcome to tft.. yes, frag fest is a must considering how close you are..this is the BEST and most friendly site that you will ever find.. Love how you hung your lights..

Thank you for the warm welcome. Those are just some wall brackets I found at LeeValey because ...well, because was my wife's idea and she helped me putting them up with strapped bolts. It was amazingly easy and doesn't look so bad, I may also build my library in the same manner but with Victorian shelf brackets. Today I saw similar brackets at Home Depot for 1/2 the price...

Welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you

heath

Distinguished Member
I love the look, I have stayed away from MH because I don't like the look when they are hanging from the ceiling, very ingenious idea...how far out from the wall are they..

reeflover

wow, that is very neat, not sure it would work for me tho, I have 12" cement walls..
That is even easier, this supports have only 2 holes for screws, drill the holes in the cement walls and use regular cement wall anchor from HomeDepot...

reeflover

Nice little set up there.

Welcome to TFT

Sony Xperia Z3

Thank you
sSig_welcome1_zpscd7c20e7.gif
to the FragTank! Very nice setup. Looking forward to seeing it grow. :)

Thank you. I stumbled upon your sea horse thread last night and I read all of it since your first batch of babies..., it was absolutely fantastic. I may have a nice setup for sea horses next year, but I really have to read a lot about them.

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
Thank you. I stumbled upon your sea horse thread last night and I read all of it since your first batch of babies..., it was absolutely fantastic. I may have a nice setup for sea horses next year, but I really have to read a lot about them.
Thank you very much for your kind words. I have loved my journey with my seahorses. If and when you are ready for seahorses let me know. I'm sure I can help get you set up. In the meantime I look forward to seeing your progress with this tank. :)

heath

Distinguished Member
Hi Paul, how big (dimension's) of your light and where did you get it and how much... you can send me the info via pm if easier.. I am setting up a 75 gal coral tank and I will need a new light for it..thanks