Hello From New Lowell

Nicole New Lowell

Hi there, my name is Nicole, I live in New Lowell Ontario (25 minutes west of Barrie). I am totally new to participating in forums, so I will do my best to read and follow the rules.
I have a 75 gallon in-wall reef, mostly softies, a beautiful female Maroon Clown named Ruby, three azure damsels, 2 skunk cleaner shrimp, a "saron shrimp" (that's the name he was sold under but I'm not entirely sure what he is exactly, mottled grey during the day, red at night, well behaved citezen) a few hermits and an emerald crab. This tank has been up and running for 3 years.
I also have a 55 gallon frag tank, from which I sell frags to local reefers.

Nicole New Lowell

Lol ok I'll see what I can do, I don't really have any good photos of my tank at the moment. First though, can someone direct me to where I can read the rules of the forum again as well as rules for posting frags for sale?

Nicole New Lowell

For the moment here are a couple photos of my baby fuzzy dwarf lion that I used to have :(. He was definitely my favourite, I had him almost 2 years until he suddenly died, I will never know why. This guy ate everything from pellets, flakes, strips of silverside, octopus, squid, muscles, frozen brine, mysis, a very large peppermint shrimp lol and he even swallowed an algae wafer once that was not intended for him. He had so much personality and was hand tame. When I bought him he was dark brown and about an inch long. Within a week he turned flame orange, not entirely sure why. RIP my poor Dragon, I will never find another fish like him.
IMG_0017 (2).JPG
IMG_0036 (2).JPG

nathan

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
For the moment here are a couple photos of my baby fuzzy dwarf lion that I used to have :(. He was definitely my favourite, I had him almost 2 years until he suddenly died, I will never know why. This guy ate everything from pellets, flakes, strips of silverside, octopus, squid, muscles, frozen brine, mysis, a very large peppermint shrimp lol and he even swallowed an algae wafer once that was not intended for him. He had so much personality and was hand tame. When I bought him he was dark brown and about an inch long. Within a week he turned flame orange, not entirely sure why. RIP my poor Dragon, I will never find another fish like him.View attachment 11969 View attachment 11970
I'm. Kind of curious what you had for tank mates with him

Nicole New Lowell

I can't exactly remember what I had at that time, I know for sure a bangaii cardinal, my female maroon clown, and I believe a lawnmower blenny. He was very good with all of them, and they with him. I also had a ton of hermit crabs at the time, way more than I have now. I discovered I had a very large fireworm consuming them haha.

Nicole New Lowell

With the exception of swallowing a live peppermint shrimp (that took him 2 days to get down!) he really was. Now Ruby my maroon clown is the show stopper, I've had her 3 years and recently read that she could potentially live 30 more!

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Welcome to the site.

You will not find the link for rules as there aren't any posted, unless you are a store. Our site isn't like any other one out there. Basic respect doesn't need a thread in my opinion. Just check out some of the other ads if you want some examples.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Nicole New Lowell

image.jpg image.jpg These are the most recent photos I have of my display tank. Was having a bit of a problem with bubble algae at the time. Funny though, every single non reefer person who comes to my house always comments on how much they love the bubble algae. 'Are they pearls?' Since these photos I have done a little rearranging but not much.
The pics are backwards though, the big green hammer is far right in the tank, the other photo is the left side.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 93

Nicole New Lowell

I'm going through old photos now haha. Here is one of the tank right after my wonderful hubby installed it (3 years later and the wood still isn't stained lol) image.jpg image.jpg and I actually found a photo of Dragon when he was still brown!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 69

Nicole New Lowell

Hello. Is it you that are posting the frags for sale on kijiji that I see ?
I live in stayner and wouldn't mind stopping by to see the tank at some point. My tank is a wip since I've moved here.

I do have frags for sale on kijiji, so most likely is me. Unfortunately my husband has very strict rules about nobody coming to the house (for safety reasons) so I do meetups at Life's a Slice in New Lowell. Sorry for the inconvenience, I know some people hate that but most are ok with it. What do you mean by 'a wip'?

Nicole New Lowell

I do have frags for sale on kijiji, so most likely is me. Unfortunately my husband has very strict rules about nobody coming to the house (for safety reasons) so I do meetups at Life's a Slice in New Lowell. Sorry for the inconvenience, I know some people hate that but most are ok with it. What do you mean by 'a wip'?
Nevermind my brain started working and I figured out you mean work in progress. Haha. Since you asked, I made a sale post.

Last edited: